BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
im going to remove the 530i and put 550i cause on the rear it u cannot tell the difference between the 2 and it will make people think it cost 60k when its only 52k but we bought the car for only 18k and its preowned totally clean and awesome
Poseur alert! poseur alert!

·
Registered
658 Posts
I think its totally possible to change the rear numbers from 530i to 550i. Not sure about the other mods.:confused:

·
Registered
52 Posts
its a 2005 BMW 530i E60

im going to remove the 530i and put 550i cause on the rear it u cannot tell the difference between the 2 and it will make people think it cost 60k when its only 52k but we bought the car for only 18k and its preowned totally clean and awesome...

is there a really cheap supercharger kit that would make it have more hp than it already has?

thx
On the badge question - are you for real? :rolleyes:

On the supercharger kit question - I'm going to go out there and say that "really cheap" and "supercharger kit" are mutually exclusive.

Sorry. Good luck with your new "550i". :(

·
Driving Enthusiast
435 Posts
Some good chuckles.
:lmao:

So Kamdog, does that mean if I put on my Superman Cape, I won't be able to fly off a building?????

·
Registered
658 Posts
I've ordered X-DRIVE badges for the winter. :D

Much less expensive than snows.:thumbup:

·
Registered
756 Posts
its a 2005 BMW 530i E60

im going to remove the 530i and put 550i cause on the rear it u cannot tell the difference between the 2 and it will make people think it cost 60k when its only 52k but we bought the car for only 18k and its preowned totally clean and awesome

im changing out the fog lights to a 6000k or 10000k HID and addin a 350W RMS Sub/Amp

i was going to change the battery to an Optima Yellow Top but talking to the salesman he says the car ur buying is all high quality the reason why people modify their cars is to make it as good as a BMW

looking at the BMW is it better than the Optima Yellow top with Spiral Cell Technology?

is it possible to change it to the D34/78 Optima Yellow Top no problem i mean is the connection just positive to negative wires that would conform to the D34/78 terminal seperation distance?

also a question about Tuning it is there chips and stuff out there that would make me extract more HP just by adding memory or flashing the ECU?

is there a really cheap supercharger kit that would make it have more hp than it already has?

thx
Some answers:

Instead of changing the 530i to 550i, simply type out some neat small stickers for your windows indicating that your car's MSRP (with a V-8) is about $60,000 plus taxes, plus dealer ad-ons, plus "rust and dust" charges, plus interest, plus higher insurance because of the V8. No one, except you and I will realize that your car has a six cylinder. For goodness sakes, do not let anyone know you paid only $18,000. People might think that anyone who bought a car like this for only $18.000 is a cheap sob or perhaps something even worse.

BTW, I have a knock-off Rolex that I can sell you for $20. It looks like a million $$. Just don't tell anyone about my special price.

·
Registered
756 Posts
On the badge question - are you for real? :rolleyes:

On the supercharger kit question - I'm going to go out there and say that "really cheap" and "supercharger kit" are mutually exclusive.

Sorry. Good luck with your new "550i". :(
You are totally wrong about the supercharger mods for his need for speed (and eventually) better gas mileage.

Ebay has a ton of items for $10 or $15 or less that guarantee tons of extra horsepower and up to 200% better gas mileage for him.

I recommend that he buys 3 or 4 of each of these items. His car might then have up to a 300% hp increase. RE gas mileage, he can probably thow away his gasoline credit cars, with his car getting up to 200% better mileage.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Why stop at the 550i? Put the ///M badge on. It would instantly give you 500 HP, no need for a supercharger.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Some answers:

Instead of changing the 530i to 550i, simply type out some neat small stickers for your windows indicating that your car's MSRP (with a V-8) is about $60,000 plus taxes, plus dealer ad-ons, plus "rust and dust" charges, plus interest, plus higher insurance because of the V8. No one, except you and I will realize that your car has a six cylinder. For goodness sakes, do not let anyone know you paid only $18,000. People might think that anyone who bought a car like this for only $18.000 is a cheap sob or perhaps something even worse.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
191 Posts
I guess the OP was troll after all. Still, it was fun reading all the replies. I had some good laughs. :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
I LOLed on the "re-branding" question. I mean nobody will be able to tell them apart (except for the missing two cylinders, the sound, the power,etc). He is a fun troll.

·
Banned
133 Posts
its a 2005 BMW 530i E60

im changing out the fog lights to a 6000k or 10000k HID and addin a 350W RMS Sub/Amp

i was going to change the battery to an Optima Yellow Top but talking to the salesman he says the car ur buying is all high quality the reason why people modify their cars is to make it as good as a BMW

looking at the BMW is it better than the Optima Yellow top with Spiral Cell Technology?

is it possible to change it to the D34/78 Optima Yellow Top no problem i mean is the connection just positive to negative wires that would conform to the D34/78 terminal seperation distance?

also a question about Tuning it is there chips and stuff out there that would make me extract more HP just by adding memory or flashing the ECU?

thx
Dude instead of making a fake 550 just take off the badge. That way it is not imposter 550 because if someone wanted to race you and they win then they will feel like a king that they beat a 550. I would say go with the 10000k. I have a Stinger spv70 yellow top with 1050cca. This thing does wonders. Everything fit perfectly and no more dimming. Do not buy those cheap ebay chips that claim to gain hp. It is garbage and will damage your car. For the best results go to a certified shop and let them reprogram your ecu. it should be around 600 to 700. BMW and cheap do not go together. A supercharger kit even at stage 1 would run about $7000 cheapest not including installation fees. The money you would spend on a supercharger you might as well had bought a 550.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I don't race on street. Otherwise, I would change my 550 badge to 525 so that the person got beaten feels very bad.

·
Driving Enthusiast
435 Posts
The flying will work OK, its the landing that will be tough.
I just knew you were going to say that. :D

I've ordered X-DRIVE badges for the winter. :D

Much less expensive than snows.:thumbup:
Wish I had thought of that. I already paid for my X Drive. I didn't pay for NAV though. I figure, since I have that little TV screen thingy, it will just show up.

Next time I'll just by an old Yugo and put a roundel on it. I figure no one will notice. :dunno:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yo man,since you've already gone that far,why don't you go the full mile and stick the M5 badge?I could arrange the bodykit from here.PP material,like original,vely good,vely cheap:rofl:

·
Fight on for old SC!
131 Posts
This thread is AWESOME!

I love it! By the way, When I got my 528i, my 18 yr old son asked me, "Dad, why don't you change the emblem to a 550 or take it off completely?"

My reply was, "Son, What the hell is wrong with you? I bought a 528i and I'm completely comfortable with that. Why would you ever try to pretend the car is something it's not?... and taking off the 528i emblem? The only people that do that are the people that drive the 528i and are insecure about it or are trying to hide it. The guy who owns an M5 will never remove the M5 emblem."

He said back, "You're right Dad... That was a pretty lame suggestion. Sorry."

1 - 20 of 106 Posts