BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have leased a 328xi in Jan.08 and am going to pick up my 528xi tomorrow from the dealership. Originally I was told that the dealership would wave the security deposit but now they're telling me they can't because I've only had my 3 series for 5 months. I also spoke to BMW financial and they said it's up to the dealer to wave the deposit. Does anyone know how to get around this? This is my second car in 5 months, you would think owner loyalty would kick in....

Thanks.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Yea, that's crapola. Ask them again. I wouldn't say go to another dealership, as your car is being picked up tomorrow, but let them know that you've heard of "other dealerships" who have waived it... for the future.

·
Registered
472 Posts
it's not up to the dealership, they would waive it for everybody if they could. To be eligible for the SDW you need to be halfway through your current lease/loan or have terminated one within 6 months. Bottom line, you don't qualify for a waiver.

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
I also spoke to BMW financial and they said it's up to the dealer to wave the deposit.
They are probably referring to the money factor bump of 0.00015 (not sure if I have the figure correct). They say its to the dealer, since the dealer has 0.0004 to play with, and may or may not be absorbing this within the markup - BMWFS doesn't dictate the choice - the dealer does.

·
Chairman of the Bored
3,303 Posts
it's not up to the dealership, they would waive it for everybody if they could. To be eligible for the SDW you need to be halfway through your current lease/loan or have terminated one within 6 months. Bottom line, you don't qualify for a waiver.
This is correct.

·
Vendor
7,262 Posts
This is correct.
They are probably referring to the money factor bump of 0.00015 (not sure if I have the figure correct). They say its to the dealer, since the dealer has 0.0004 to play with, and may or may not be absorbing this within the markup - BMWFS doesn't dictate the choice - the dealer does.
:stupid: x 2.

Any center can say, "yeah, we'll waive your SD", but if you know how to figure out the lease, you'll discover the sd waiver rate adder has been added to alleviate the upfront SD expense if you haven't been with BMW FS. Many centers do this to minimize client's upfront expense.

Yea, that's crapola. Ask them again. I wouldn't say go to another dealership, as your car is being picked up tomorrow, but let them know that you've heard of "other dealerships" who have waived it... for the future.
You can ask them again and again 'til you turn blue.. "you've heard of "other dealerships" who waived it" because they can use the SD waiver rate adder, too. Thus, it's not "crapola", it's reality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts