BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow 'fester,

I have a quick question about incentives and being able to stack them. First some background. I am getting married end of September and my soon to be wife's Civic lease will be up in December this year.

When she originally got the car her dad was helping her, even though I had offered my services at the time. Sadly, though her dad is a car nut and he is the best father in law I could hope for, he has zero financial sense, so the 'deal' was pretty bad, literally MSRP without incentives, and 6k down on December 31st at 9pm bad. They did though throw in a trunk liner...

Anyway, I currently drive a 328d F31, that I am eternally grateful for, a gift from my dad for finishing my masters, and this place helped immensely in getting a great deal.

End of December I am coming up to the end of graduate credit eligibility. Our plan was to get a car for my wife, the wagon is more than enough utility and she desperately wants something sporty (thank you god for letting me find a woman more car crazy than I am!).

I am also eligible for a corporate discount through my work. I was also hoping to find some drive event to attend to maybe pick up another credit. And maybe some of the end of the year incentives.

I know I had seen a chart at some point that broke down what discounts can be combined and which can not be.

She is loving the Golf R, I am in love with the M240. My work only has a program through BMW so I am hoping I can somehow stack incentives to make a weirdly optioned M240 financially attractive, especially with no no discounts on the R.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I am not sure of the interaction between graduate and corp discounts, but I think they might not be stackable. If you're planning to lease, I'd target the corp discount as that also reduces the money factor (interest rate) on the lease, in addition to providing some $$ off.

The way it was explained to me is that there are discounts applicable to the car, and those applicable to the buyer. So you can really only use one of each, but could combine the two (for example adding build out credit to a graduate or BMWFS discount).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts