BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· bmw4life
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Well, now it is time to change the tire on my car, and i currently have the Bridgestone RFT, and i really didn't enjoy the Hard rides on the road.. So i went to the BMW dealer and asked them what options do i have - That's Non-Runflat. The guy told me that BMW's Wheels are made for RFT - which if i use a non-runflat tire, it's not gonna have much difference between using a RFT or Non RFT.

Should i think that serious? i don't like how its thick on RFT, want something comfort.

What do you guys think? should i get RFT or is it okay to get a Non-Runflat tire?
What i am thinking is - For RFT - Continental Conti pro contact SSR, And for NON-RUNFLAT - i would like to get the Continental extreme contact DWS.

What should i do???? Please help!!!:cry:

· Worlds Foremost Authority
22,293 Posts
Hello,
Well, now it is time to change the tire on my car, and i currently have the Bridgestone RFT, and i really didn't enjoy the Hard rides on the road.. So i went to the BMW dealer and asked them what options do i have - That's Non-Runflat. The guy told me that BMW's Wheels are made for RFT - which if i use a non-runflat tire, it's not gonna have much difference between using a RFT or Non RFT.

Should i think that serious? i don't like how its thick on RFT, want something comfort.

What do you guys think? should i get RFT or is it okay to get a Non-Runflat tire?
What i am thinking is - For RFT - Continental Conti pro contact SSR, And for NON-RUNFLAT - i would like to get the Continental extreme contact DWS.

What should i do???? Please help!!!:cry:
You will find a lot of info with the search function. I am running Continental DWS non-RFT on my E93 with sport suspension. I also replaced the shocks with Koni FSD and both the ride and handling improved.

CA

· Worlds Foremost Authority
22,293 Posts
I did, search, and i saw lots of people talking about it.

But i was just wondering about the Wheels, what the dealer said.
Just wanted to double check. If it bothered you guys, Sorry.
No need to apologize. We were just trying to help you find the info you needed.

Stock BMW wheels will work fine with non-RFT. I have my 335i serviced at BMW Manhattan, which is owned by BMW North America, and they have never given me a hard time about my non-RFT tires. They were even willing to mount the Conti DWS for me as long as I provided them.

CA

· 2020 Z4 M40i
4,639 Posts
I did, search, and i saw lots of people talking about it.

But i was just wondering about the Wheels, what the dealer said.
Just wanted to double check. If it bothered you guys, Sorry.
The wheels are fine with get flats, just be sure you correctly size the tires to them.

· Registered
240 Posts
Don't forget to sign up for AAA and to buy a puncture repair kit. When you get a flat, try the kit first, then call AAA.

Get the premium plan. It's worth it. The basic plan will only pay to tow you two miles. It's pretty much useless.

Frederic

· Registered
806 Posts
If you want to stick with RFT go with Michelin PS2 otherwise switch to Pilot super sport.

· bmw4life
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't forget to sign up for AAA and to buy a puncture repair kit. When you get a flat, try the kit first, then call AAA.

Get the premium plan. It's worth it. The basic plan will only pay to tow you two miles. It's pretty much useless.

Frederic
AAA? that's one of the insurance company, right?
and yes i do have full coverage on my cars.
And thanks for letting me know about the kits! i will get them soon!

· Registered
4,282 Posts
Rft ... The middle f is for fxxkenshxt tire

So the sooner you switch the better

· Registered
4,282 Posts
And guess what.... Merc now use R Fxxkenshxt Tires

So everyone in MB forum will start whinging soon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.