BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i been reading this forum since early january and i have gotten so much information and while preparing my family to get our next car, we currently have a lease from Nissan in NJ and its ending now in December and we trying not to leave everything for last minute.

Any sponsors in the NJ area can tell us if you can do a trade in even before the lease is officially ended (Nissan accepted our previous lease car 4 moths before the end date) the current car is a 2010 Altima with 13k (i usually take the public transportation to work, the car is used mostly on weekends) for an X5 2013 or 2014 not sure what would make sense since the new models are almost here, i haven`t run the invoice tool yet to build the car but we just want to have an idea of what can be done in our case, any information would be sincerely appreciated.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Usually in most cases you can turn it in up to 3 months early without penalty (although you have to make the remaining payments). You may want to swing by a CarMax, as they may give you more for the car than the payoff...the dealer may as well, all depends on the market and condition of the car. Quite frankly, with 5 months left, you might be able to get out clean right now, especially with such a low mileage vehicle.

·
Registered
973 Posts
There are no Carmax locations in NJ as far as I know. Call Fred Seigel of Tenafly BMW in Bergen County and ask him.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the info!

This is our payoff price for the car

Payoff Quote
Payoff Amount: $18,459.70
Good Through: 08/07/13

The car has very low milage around 14k, i see similar listings for this year and model but with 40k+ milage around $15k, so am assuming our should cover the payoff to who ever buys it from us.

Zoombie I may contact the sponsor you recommend, to see what he says, thanks.

CTsoxfan any particular reason you traded your X5 for a 550? we have been looking at this model as well and its our second choice.

Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Thank you for the info!

This is our payoff price for the car

Payoff Quote
Payoff Amount: $18,459.70
Good Through: 08/07/13

The car has very low milage around 14k, i see similar listings for this year and model but with 40k+ milage around $15k, so am assuming our should cover the payoff to who ever buys it from us.

Zoombie I may contact the sponsor you recommend, to see what he says, thanks.

CTsoxfan any particular reason you traded your X5 for a 550? we have been looking at this model as well and its our second choice.

Thanks again guys.
As far as Carmax, there is one in Lancaster PA and a few in Maryland (I don't know how close those locations are to you).

I didn't trade in the X5 for the 550, the X5 is the wife's car and we still have it (and love it).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts