BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the 2019 X5 45e and the soon to arrive 745e - both with 6cyl ICEs and larger battery capacity ... since the G30s share much of the same architecture I've been searching to see if the G30 hybrids will be updated with the "improved" power-train [6cyl] and battery equipment?

Haven't found any hints for changes to the 5'ers though the 7 and X5 preliminary info really looks interesting. :dunno:

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
With the 2019 X5 45e and the soon to arrive 745e - both with 6cyl ICEs and larger battery capacity ... since the G30s share much of the same architecture I've been searching to see if the G30 hybrids will be updated with the "improved" power-train [6cyl] and battery equipment?

Haven't found any hints for changes to the 5'ers though the 7 and X5 preliminary info really looks interesting. :dunno:
That would be sweet. I would even be happy with the fully 250 HP 4 banger as an upgrade.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Yeah, Steve...that's my love hate relationship with this car. The four banger sounds cheap and at some rpm it manages to give my hands a massage though the steering wheel just like the cheap Japanese cars.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Yeah, Steve...that's my love hate relationship with this car. The four banger sounds cheap and at some rpm it manages to give my hands a massage though the steering wheel just like the cheap Japanese cars.
Mine is a loaded 2018 model built in November of 2017. I have GEICO MBI insurance so I am essentially covered by warranties for seven years. If they sweetened the 5 series hybrid pie like we are discussing, I would be very inclined to upgrade; otherwise, I would have no incentive to upgrade (unless I am prepared to abandon the 5 series and look elsewhere).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts