BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a used 2001 325i. While cleaning the interior I found an old (2003) service invoice for the car ( VIN matches) , but in the MAKE/MODEL cell the type says:
" BMW 325iA". I can't seem to find out what the capital "A" designates. Can anyone help?

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Yeah, old guy is right, capital A is for auto.

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well,yes, the car is an "automatic"; I forgot to mention that fact. My 87' 325is is also an automatic, but there is no capital "A" on any of the documentation for that car. I've got to have an automatic because my girlfriend can't drive a manual. So "A" for automatic it is unless new info come to light. Thanks to all.

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
Well,yes, the car is an "automatic"; I forgot to mention that fact. My 87' 325is is also an automatic, but there is no capital "A" on any of the documentation for that car. I've got to have an automatic because my girlfriend can't drive a manual. So "A" for automatic it is unless new info come to light. Thanks to all.
My wife can't drive an auto so I had to get a 6 speed :(

:)

·
The Boss of Nobody
3,695 Posts
I've got to have an automatic because my girlfriend can't drive a manual. So "A" for automatic it is unless new info come to light. Thanks to all.
My wife was the same, I just had to teach her and now she drives like a champ. She doesn't drive my car as much, she's used to the soft clutch on my old civic which she now drives. 3 pedals FTW!:thumbup:

·
Speed is Zen
9,754 Posts
A is short for "fail"

:rofl:
:( But not if you have paddles, right? :) ........right? :eek:

There is a user on here, his name escapes me, that bought his auto because his girl wouldn't (I say wouldn't cause anyone that tries can) drive stick, long story short, girl is gone, auto is still here.

I, on the otherhand, bought an auto because I'm an impatient moron.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Re: BMW 325iA
Late this afternoon I picked up the 325iA from the shop on the Dixie Hwy. The BOSS there, a mechanic with 30yrs.exp.last 20 on BMWs, said: "...the [ capital ] A is a BMW internal code to designate that a particular car is a 4 door sedan". Does this match with any of the cars belonging to the folks who have replied?

·
Tightrope walking
9,559 Posts
I had an E46 325iT"A"

Wagon. I miss it, except for the auto transmission.

Yeah, old guy is right, capital A is for auto.
Oh, Chad? :flipoff: :slap: :spank: :fingers:

·
Registered
824 Posts
:( But not if you have paddles, right? :) ........right? :eek:

There is a user on here, his name escapes me, that bought his auto because his girl wouldn't (I say wouldn't cause anyone that tries can) drive stick, long story short, girl is gone, auto is still here.
That was me!1 oh well! I did recently acquire a 1996 318i with 5 pedals for $700. lovin' it. My 323ci auto is on break now!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts