BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have a few questions concerning my BMW 2000 528i. I am a complete and utter know nothing when it comes to cars so please help me out here.

-Premium Package (Neat Rims, Heated Seats)
-Sports Package (M Steering Wheel)

I know I got like all the options for it I could, but I cannot name them off the top of my head. I know from general reading that is only has a really low horse power of 193. I want to know what all I got when I bought my car. I have read something about Steptronic but have no idea how to use it or what it is. I think I remember the dealer telling me that it has the M suspension? If anyone could at least tell me the car isn't a total POS that would be comforting. How fast can this car go? Is it pretty good for racing since I haven't raced it yet. Thanks for all the replies.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Us Burke's like our BMW's :)

I don't know of a 528 that came with an "M" suspension. Usually I've seen the 540's come with "M" options. The Steptronic is the fancy term for the auto trans and the shifter. Basically you put the car in drive and you can ratchet the shifter up or down (or left or right) to upshift and downshift as you would a manual. From what I've read about the problems with the automatics, I wouldn't beat on it. Check out realoem.com and put the last 7 digits of the VIN in and see what comes up. The site is great for telling you what's on the car and what isn't when ordering parts. As for a complete options list, I second the recommendation of seeing the dealer parts dept. When I bought my '99 in 2012 I needed to get a key made and the dealer was nice enough to print out the complete option list for me. Last, forget about racing it. The 528 is a dog unless you have a manual trans and it still needs to be revved to get up a decent hill.

Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Hello everyone. I have a few questions concerning my BMW 2000 528i. I am a complete and utter know nothing when it comes to cars so please help me out here.

-Premium Package (Neat Rims, Heated Seats)
-Sports Package (M Steering Wheel)

I know I got like all the options for it I could, but I cannot name them off the top of my head. I know from general reading that is only has a really low horse power of 193. I want to know what all I got when I bought my car. I have read something about Steptronic but have no idea how to use it or what it is. I think I remember the dealer telling me that it has the M suspension? If anyone could at least tell me the car isn't a total POS that would be comforting. How fast can this car go? Is it pretty good for racing since I haven't raced it yet. Thanks for all the replies.
You need to read the owners manual. If you don't have one, download it online. You have the sport package on your car-sport springs/shocks, Msport steering wheel, style 5 wheels (I believe), shadow line trim, sport seats (if the original purchaser did not delete them), M shift knob. As mentioned above get dealer to print the build list for you.

Buy a race car if you want to race. This is a 4 door family sedan that is very sporty.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Just an FYI. The OP is probably not around anymore. All four of the posts were back in 2005.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.