BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I know a thing or two...
7,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help with something on a 2011 335xi Coupe... it MUST be the following combo:

-2011 335xi coupe
-built March 2011 or later (when BMW made several package/pricing tweaks)
-M Sport Package
-Factory 18" wheel upgrade ordered

If you have this car configuration let me know. I need you to confirm something for me.

·
I know a thing or two...
7,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the same spec car. Euro delivery June 2011.
Can you check your window sticker or any order confirmation and see if your car was built with "increased top speed limiter"?

·
I know a thing or two...
7,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so you don't have it either. Looks like BMWNA screwed up when they made the option package change from ZMP to ZM2.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have the car you mentioned, but I stayed with the 17" wheels. No top speed limiter, although my CA and the coupe booklet claimed it came with the M Sport package.

·
Registered
10,697 Posts
Still trying to deal with the missing 840 option as it relates to the perf kit? I would bet that if you try a few different dealers one will order and install it without bothering to verify. Sometimes incompetence can be used to your advantage. I'm quite sure the dealer I used in connecticut is completely clueless about these things for example.

·
I know a thing or two...
7,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still trying to deal with the missing 840 option as it relates to the perf kit? I would bet that if you try a few different dealers one will order and install it without bothering to verify. Sometimes incompetence can be used to your advantage. I'm quite sure the dealer I used in connecticut is completely clueless about these things for example.
Dealers check. Mine even called the BMW field engineer to see if there was a workaround. I have the emails, and the answer is ultimately "no 840- no kit". I don't think it is necessarily the speed limiter, but the oil cooler that also comes with when the car has 840.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Yup, if BMW had installed the M Sport increased top speed limiter (which comes with the oil cooler) like their collateral and my CA said they would, then I would have spent $800 on the Performance Kit. However, they didn't, so they lost an aftermarket sale. One poster on Bimmerfest has said you get the oil cooler only if you got M Sport and the 18" or 19" wheels. However, I've never been able to find that in BMW documentation. All the literature I've seen says the increased top speed limiter (and therefore oil cooler) comes with the M Sport package on the coupe. Full stop. I was going to call my CA on it, but he's so clueless (I was explaining the packages to him, not the other way around), that I figured it would be a waste of time. BMW NA sells great cars in spite of itself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.