BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Question for bulb replacement

762 4
This one has be scratching my head.
The Driver's side low-beam bulb on my headlight has gone out, and when I went to replace it, I found a weird setup (see pics below)

One is the headlight, which I'm about 95% sure is a HALO headlight, one has the boot, which did not look familiar, and one pic is with the boot removed. The setup looks like a jerry-rigged job (this was not done by me, but the previous owner).

How do I remove the burnt out bulb without taking out the headlight, or do I have have to take the headlight apart?

Many thanks for your help!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Looks to me the problem is the eBay headlight.

From the looks of the picture you just have to undo the clip holding the bulb in from the hook it's on. Looks like you have to push it in and remove it from the hook and then release it.
Heheh, you're right, the previous owner did a p*ss poor job on aftermarket lights, but, thank you for the help, it came right out and a $7 H1 light later I'm back in biz.

the 1st feew bucks I get ahead I will spend the extra $$ on some real HALOs.

Thanks!
Haha no problem man! Glad I could help ya get both bulbs back up and running for your safety! And good decision! You won't regret the purchase!
Heheh, you're right, the previous owner did a p*ss poor job on aftermarket lights, but, thank you for the help, it came right out and a $7 H1 light later I'm back in biz.

the 1st feew bucks I get ahead I will spend the extra $$ on some real HALOs.

Thanks!
blz456,

Your blacked out 528i might be the sweetest modified E39 that I've see yet. Well done, sir.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.