Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I scuffed up the leather on my steering wheel the other day with my ring, and I'm wondering if it makes economic sense to re-cover a steering wheel. Would it be easier/cheaper to just get a new one?

·
4,073 Posts
JST said:
I scuffed up the leather on my steering wheel the other day with my ring, and I'm wondering if it makes economic sense to re-cover a steering wheel. Would it be easier/cheaper to just get a new one?
Best bet is to replace. The wheel-only is not too expensive. About $300 retail. The airbag is the killer, but you won't need another. Do you have a 3-spoke M wheel? I am replacing mine in the next few weeks. Let me know if you want to buy mine. It has 2200 miles on it. Out of my 2001 M coupe.

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Question for JonM...

JonM said:

Best bet is to replace. The wheel-only is not too expensive. About $300 retail. The airbag is the killer, but you won't need another. Do you have a 3-spoke M wheel? I am replacing mine in the next few weeks. Let me know if you want to buy mine. It has 2200 miles on it. Out of my 2001 M coupe.
Yes, mine is the 3 spoke M. I may be interested in yours; let me know how much you're asking for it. Feel free to PM me if you'd rather do that.

What are you replacing it with?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts