BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
E46M3 of course :D

Unfortunately, after the sale we sometimes get very little feedback on how certain setups are working out. Rather than search, I thought it would be helpful for future reference to have them all in one thread.

Anyone care to post their own specific experiences in going from the stock 225/40R19 front, 255/35R19 rear to the wider 245/35R19 front and 275/30R19 rear? Did you find that the wider tires were mostly a cosmetic issue, did the tires tramline more, etc?

Thanks in advance for any feedback

:thumbup:

·
Registered
634 Posts
E46M3 of course :D

Unfortunately, after the sale we sometimes get very little feedback on how certain setups are working out. Rather than search, I thought it would be helpful for future reference to have them all in one thread.

Anyone care to post their own specific experiences in going from the stock 225/40R19 front, 255/35R19 rear to the wider 245/35R19 front and 275/30R19 rear? Did you find that the wider tires were mostly a cosmetic issue, did the tires tramline more, etc?

Thanks in advance for any feedback

:thumbup:
I would like to know if anyone is happy going larger than stock with the 18's too!!

·
///Mpty pockets
1,963 Posts
My experience is with both 255's and 265's up front. The wider front tires tramline a bit more and also increase the steering weight/feel. If performance is your goal, larger front tires are absolutely worth it!

·
Registered
903 Posts
Are these on the stock 19's?

I was thinking about getting the 245/275 set up for my M3 I have on order and putting them on when it comes in. Is there any rubbing issues with those sizes on the stock 19's?

:dunno:

·
///Mpty pockets
1,963 Posts
TD330ci said:
Are these on the stock 19's?

I was thinking about getting the 245/275 set up for my M3 I have on order and putting them on when it comes in. Is there any rubbing issues with those sizes on the stock 19's?

:dunno:
Oops, forgot to specify that's on stock 18's. But I don't see how 18 vs. 19 would change things.

245/275 will fit fine.

·
Registered
548 Posts
most people who bump up to the 19's also bump up the tread width and 245/275 is the closest to +1 size from the OEM tread.

I am running 265/30f and 275/30r and love it. I am not on stock wheels, these sizes can not be run on the stock wheels, but the almost neutral steering with this set-up is amazing and exactly what I was looking for.
I have not found any tramlining at all with this set-up, but that is more to do with the tire's tread pattern than wider tires.
It is a bit noisier than the stock set-up, but running 2deg neg camber will held generate a bit of noise.

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
I have run 245/265 on the stock 18s for track, and they fit/work fine.

But I would go to the 265 all around, and will do that when I need new tires. Nicely dials out a lot of the understeer.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Pinecone said:
I have run 245/265 on the stock 18s for track, and they fit/work fine.

But I would go to the 265 all around, and will do that when I need new tires. Nicely dials out a lot of the understeer.
265's fit on the stock fronts or will you be using stock rears all the way around? :confused:

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
They will fit on stock fronts, but rears all around is better way to go.

·
Registered
903 Posts
On a similar note, what tire are you guys running for the larger set up. I did a search on tirerack and got some 8 or so results.

Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I've got the Competition Package wheels that I got from Turner Motorsports with Michelin PS2's, 245/35's up front and 275/30 on the rear. The sizes were suggested by Turner and recommended by Gary. There are no fit issues at all, the steering is very precise even slightly lighter feeling. I haven't noticed any tramming at all. The ride is rougher than the 18's, but it's not a problem.

·
Registered
903 Posts
SteveT said:
I've got the Competition Package wheels that I got from Turner Motorsports with Michelin PS2's, 245/35's up front and 275/30 on the rear. The sizes were suggested by Turner and recommended by Gary. There are no fit issues at all, the steering is very precise even slightly lighter feeling. I haven't noticed any tramming at all. The ride is rougher than the 18's, but it's not a problem.
Exactly the info I was looking for!! Thanks.

·
Registered
8,183 Posts
SteveT said:
I have the same combo but with Potenzas RE750 from the Tire Rack, plus spacers front and back and still no rubbing, tracking great, great steering feel, no tramlining and relatively quiet ride. So far I am very satisfied... :thumbup:

·
Registered
903 Posts
Technic said:
I have the same combo but with Potenzas RE750 from the Tire Rack, plus spacers front and back and still no rubbing, tracking great, great steering feel, no tramlining and relatively quiet ride. So far I am very satisfied... :thumbup:
Spacers to put the tires at the edge of the well?

Got any high res pics. I am getting the comp pkg and would love to see what that set up is going to look like. :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts