BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 295 25 22 tires and i keep bending just the back rims i have 30s up front so my question is has anyone used 30's in the back? i dont know if it would rub my car is not lowered and im not going to lower it, i see ppl with 25 lowered so i would think 30 not lowered would be fine? any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
104 Posts
I got 265 30 22 on my backs and my car is not lower it rubs only when you on the hywy and you hit those big dips not nothing to worry about I had them on for over 2 years but I have bent all my rims front and back and had them repaired

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah if your are rubbing then im in trouble i believe i have 265 in the front but the rear are staggered and are wider 295 so i dont know how much room is left over moving from 295/25 to 295/30 i know everyone has 295/25 with no problems but im really tired of bent rims i actually havnt had alot but im not trying to have alot lol

·
Kerry
216 Posts
I got 265 30 22 on my backs and my car is not lower it rubs only when you on the hywy and you hit those big dips not nothing to worry about I had them on for over 2 years but I have bent all my rims front and back and had them repaired
wow post pictures of your car with 265 on the back on 22's ...i'm guessin not staggered

·
Kerry
216 Posts
i have 295 25 22 tires and i keep bending just the back rims i have 30s up front so my question is has anyone used 30's in the back? i dont know if it would rub my car is not lowered and im not going to lower it, i see ppl with 25 lowered so i would think 30 not lowered would be fine? any help is greatly appreciated
I'm running 265/30/22 and 295/30/22 only the driver side back rubs when I hit dips...changing to 305/25/22 real soon...:thumbup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey thanks for the replies...so kharripe your car looks lowered is it? any why r u changin to the wider tire isnt that why its rubbing?

·
You only live once
6 Posts
No Problems

I have 265 30 22 on the front maily because if i go to 295s they rub when steering. And 295 30 22 on the back and have no problems. With the lower profile tyres that used to be run the rims took a hammering.:)

·
Kerry
216 Posts
hey thanks for the replies...so kharripe your car looks lowered is it? any why r u changin to the wider tire isnt that why its rubbing?
Car is not lowered...=) rubbing from a 30 series tire...different brands have different sidewalls (lexani side wall smaller than pirelli..kuhmo is thicker than michelins..etc. not much but enough difference to make it rub and don't rub...I'm going to adjust the camber when I slap on the new tires..rubbing now from a bad camber :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
duplicate post, remove please
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Bimmer

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I don't think the minimal increase in the tire will help. Our cars are so damn heavy, seems to bend easier than my past cars. I had bettr luck keeping the tires toward to high end of the psi, think 44lbs or somewhere in the vacinity

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Bimmer

·
el chico teMido
138 Posts
IMAG0005.jpg I hav 245 30 in front & 295 25 on rear.....check out one of my old thread i put down rim size, brand ,etc.........bout the bent wheel,well u jus gotta b careful,i already fuk one of mine up.....but fukit thats the price to roll biggs....:thumbup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
how about 295/30/22 hi profile . I had 745 LI 2003 with 255/30/22 in front no problem . but 295/25/22 bent my wheel . so thinking change to 295/30/22 . what you thing??:dunno:

·
Registered
78 Posts
You could go 285/30/22 in the rear also.
And I have the same problem as you on 295/25/22, every time I hit a pothole my rear rims and or tires always get jack up. Either a bent rim or a split tire on the rear inside and or I get ******* around the inside rim of the tire.

·
Registered
4 Posts
yeah that next 285 30 22 hope be better because spend money in wheel repair nop is better spend one time in tire and drive more comfortable . thank for you reply. hope anybody used a 285 30 22 see what the experience with those tires ??

·
SideShow activist
407 Posts
offset will determine if it rubs more than tire size guys. ;)

giving tire numbers does no good without knowing the offset of your wheels.

good advice posted above: make sure u are running around max pressure...anything under will help in damaging ur wheels when u hit potholes

·
Sleek Sam
3,518 Posts
offset will determine if it rubs more than tire size guys. ;)

giving tire numbers does no good without knowing the offset of your wheels.

good advice posted above: make sure u are running around max pressure...anything under will help in damaging ur wheels when u hit potholes
DriftGirl is 100% right on this one. Really comes down to the offset of the wheels. And yes, people have ran 295/30/22 with minimal issues.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm running 295/25/22 on Vertini Hennessey rims. Car is lowered using Eibach pro springs. No issues due to offset and 44 psi in the rear. Just avoid potholes and railroad ties.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts