BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
My rears will not survive past the winter...And it's only been about a year and roughly 20,000 miles. They do wear fairly fast but that's the price you pay for high performance rubber.

The fronts look like they'll live another 20,000 miles. Your mileage may vary. Most of my 20,000 miles are done on the freeway.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I have about 6,000 on mine and they have progressively gotten louder. Traction and handling seem fine in that period tho.

·
Hi
4,481 Posts
The HACK said:
My rears will not survive past the winter...And it's only been about a year and roughly 20,000 miles. They do wear fairly fast but that's the price you pay for high performance rubber.

The fronts look like they'll live another 20,000 miles. Your mileage may vary. Most of my 20,000 miles are done on the freeway.
Try Michelin Pilot Sports next time - they lasted me about 8k miles so far, will probably go another 1k miles!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
Banned
5,341 Posts
My original Contis in the rear lasted me ~17K miles. By that time they were sliding and slipping like on vaseline.
When I replaced them with SO-3s, I couldn't break them free. I even took my car to the dealer, thinking there was something wrong with my engine. Looking back, it apparently was just the summer heat. But the tires were sticky like *ell.
Now, after 3K miles, I can make them slide and slip, not as much as the Contis, but still... I guess they will last me ~17K miles, but I still think they are better than the Contis.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts