BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a place to buy winter tires in the GTA? The dealer is asking $1300 for a set of tires and steel wheels which I think is a bit steep.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Consider Wheel and Tire Zone.

They do a lot for local racers / autocrossers. They know their tires and I'm sure they can do a little better deal for you than any BMW dealership.

They quoted me 1500$CDN for steels and snows 3000$ CDN for Alloys and snows. I went elsewhere needless to say

www.wheelandtirezone.com

·
Registered
693 Posts
First of all, do not ever put steel wheels on your car - it makes it look bad - like a Honda Civic. Second, use your existing alloy wheels for the winter tires. Some people here will probably flood my statement bys aying they'll get ruined by the salt, bla bla bla. All of which I found to be false through my own experience.

Go to Superior Tire (superiortire.ca or superiortire.com) and purchase a set of Toyo SnowProx 950S (better than the crappy Pirellis offered by our dealers). I got a set of 205/50/17 for $1200 including taxes!

·
Registered
324 Posts
1200$ for 4 tires taxes in is NOT a good price.

you should be paying no more than about 200$/tire for either pirelli's or blizzak's or whatever.

hell for $CDN 1500+tax I got Blizzak's AND alloy rims (not bmw however)

·
Into the dark ages
1,523 Posts
Steelcase Tires N Mags Inc
Phone: (905)479-8884
187 Steelcase Road West, Markham, ON L3R 2R9

ask for Dave...great guy.

as for tire recommendation(even though u didn't ask)...Nokians, only tire manufacturer in the world to test north of artic circle and the tires last a long time. :thumbup:

i've had coworkers pick up a set of winters mounted on 16" alloys for ~1400 taxes in...

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts