BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, well, I have a M42 engine and I think I have a lil' problem with it.. I met 2 or 3 guys who had the same car and their were doing like 700km with a gas tank... and with mine, I only run like, 350km MAX with it.. I change my O2 sensor, my gas filter.. and I just don't understand what would it be, I figured out that is was surely because this engine is a swap at the first time, so I have a gas regulator.. so, maybe that's that regulator that its not the right one or something like that ? ..

Here some pics of my engine for you to understand about the regulator I'm talking
Auto part Engine Vehicle Car Fuel line

Vehicle Car Auto part Engine Mid-size car

Thanks guys, if you have the answer, it will helps me a LOT !!

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the regulator adjustable is at the max I can go.. So I figured out that this one wasn't the one I needed, but thanks for the advice, and about the fuel pressure test, can I make it myself ?

· Old School
4,146 Posts
You need the gauge, suitable rubber hose and a 't' piece (brass). Once it is connected in then you can adjust and see the results. Remove after you have got it right. Hope you have the tools ok.

· livin large
7,613 Posts
Well, the regulator adjustable is at the max I can go.. So I figured out that this one wasn't the one I needed, but thanks for the advice, and about the fuel pressure test, can I make it myself ?
heres your problem. its not adjusted correctly. in order to properly set them you need to have a fuel pressure gauge installed so you can see where you sit. you can pick up a kit from a local parts store, but youll need to add in a t fitting to make it work

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.