BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2021 BMW 330i M Sport
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently picked up my first BMW, very proud to say I finally got a 330i M Sport.

I’ve been browsing around here for a few weeks and have found so much information but there’s few things on the edge that I think this community could help me with.

I’m definitely going to do the basic coding modifications for sport plus etc...

1.Could I put a JB+ Tune or any other piggyback tune on my lease?

2.I can’t drill into the front for a lip, are there any kind of adhesives that would suffice?

Edit: Will be taking off tune before service. I understand there’s higher tunes stage 1 and jb4. So I’d perceive that JB+ is safer.

· Registered
Ship Captain of the Ever Given
3,465 Posts
Taking a tune off does nothing. BMW can tell and sets a fault “ suspicion of engine tuning” and marks your VIN. There are many ways to detect your tune or piggy back even if it’s not in the car during service. Checksum errors, sensor log data, flash counters, purge valve hex values, there’s many ways to detect your monkey business. It’s not a good idea if your trying to be sneaky. As soon as your vehicle is short tested at a dealership FASTA data will be sent and there’s nothing you can do about it. I promise.
You either tune it and live with the consequences if any or leave it alone. I’d probably go through your agreement and see if your allowed to modify it or not. I’m gonna assume the answer is no.
This stuff may have been ok or undetectable in the past but BMW has really made a push to identify and flag modified vehicles lately. They are even starting to look into headunit manipulation a lot more as well so your Bimmercode or Carly may pose issues when pushing for a new headunit due to stability problems. Of course everybody always cries magnuson moss but few people are willing to take it to that point and even fewer have the pockets to fight if bmw wants to tangle.

· Registered
2021 BMW 330i M Sport
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Taking a tune off does nothing. BMW can tell and sets a fault “ suspicion of engine tuning” and marks your VIN. There are many ways to detect your tune or piggy back even if it’s not in the car during service. Checksum errors, sensor log data, flash counters, purge valve hex values, there’s many ways to detect your monkey business. It’s not a good idea if your trying to be sneaky. As soon as your vehicle is short tested at a dealership FASTA data will be sent and there’s nothing you can do about it. I promise.
You either tune it and live with the consequences if any or leave it alone. I’d probably go through your agreement and see if your allowed to modify it or not. I’m gonna assume the answer is no.
This stuff may have been ok or undetectable in the past but BMW has really made a push to identify and flag modified vehicles lately. They are even starting to look into headunit manipulation a lot more as well so your Bimmercode or Carly may pose issues when pushing for a new headunit due to stability problems. Of course everybody always cries magnuson moss but few people are willing to take it to that point and even fewer have the pockets to fight if bmw wants to tangle.
Wow, very insightful I didn’t know they stepped their game up so much. Although disappointing I will be avoiding any tuning. However, I’ll take the risk with the BimmerCode small things. I am just doubtful issues should arise from that. As I’m just adding sport plus. Thank you so much!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.