BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
My long time favourite would be The Gumball Rally (1976), but Burt Reynolds made many cool ones also.

Out of F&F first part was best, when it was still young people street racing, not millionaires doing secret agent shit.

Car movie doesn't need to be good as movie, it's more about enjoyment of seeing cool (rare?) car in action.

·
Registered
2015 BMW 535i
184 Posts
+1 to Herbie the Love Bug (I had forgotten about that classic)

Smokey & The Bandit left the strongest “car” impression upon me as a child.

The movie that most accurate reflects my personality change and obsessiveness as a first time BMW Owner would have to be Stephen King’s Christine.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
"Crazy Larry, Dirty Mary" I also liked, just wishing Charger didn't get first damaged and then destroyed.
Blue Impala served well in the beginning.

I would be Mopar man, if Finland and EU weren't so tight on taxes and fuel prizes. Grandfather always had Dodge.

With 6-cylinder turbo diesel BMW, I'm still on the edge, if can pay everything or not. Just wouldn't want to give up yet.. I can handle strong RWD with manual transmission. Am I last dinosaur?

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
'06 e91 325xi
24 Posts
Damn it, somebody beat me to Vanishing Point.

Without question the best car movie IMO.

Fantastic drive-in flick for the youngins too. The finest finale I've ever watch on the big screen and there were many.

Gosh do I have fond memories of my days at the drive-in, but I digress.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts