BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to the forum.

I am trying to lease a new 2012 335i convertible for my wife. I am not new to leasing, but I am new to BMW's.

The first problem I have is we have a trade....that hinders me a bit from trying to cut a deal with a forum sponsor here for the most part since most are 5 hours plus away from me. Not saying I won't travel...but right now the dealer we are working with is only 80 miles away.

Anyways, what would be considered a good "deal" for this car? 5% off sticker? 10%?

Right now thay have me at about 2.5% off MSRP, with a fairly good number on my trade. I'm pretty close to even on my trade, so I'm not really sweating it, but obviously they are not really giving me quoted number if there is still another 3-4% to go off the BMW sticker.

Also, the dealer I'm working with has down a 925 acquisition fee- seems high to me.

I didn't see any other hidden figures....just the acquistion fee looked out of place.

I appreciate any help, or advice/info anyone offers.

· Flying monkey herder
8,298 Posts
FYI, there is a 3000 option credit on the 'vert

from bmwusa:
Option Allowance is a $3,000 credit against the MSRP of the final purchase, loan or lease on a 335i Convertible through September 03, 2012.

a good deal would be 1K over invoice before option credits, or 2000 under invoice after the credit. goto www.bmwconfig.com to find out the invoice price. you may need to add MACO to the price you get there if your dealer is part of an advertising coop.

2.5% off of msrp is a bad deal, horrible if they are hiding the option credit from you.

better to carmax your current car-- i bet you the good trade price they are giving you is being offset by a bad deal on the selling price of the car.

a 925 acq fee is marked up to the max-- makes me think they are going for max markup on the interest rate. what MF are they using?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FYI, there is a 3000 option credit on the 'vert

from bmwusa:
Option Allowance is a $3,000 credit against the MSRP of the final purchase, loan or lease on a 335i Convertible through September 03, 2012.

a good deal would be 1K over invoice before option credits, or 2000 under invoice after the credit. goto www.bmwconfig.com to find out the invoice price. you may need to add MACO to the price you get there if your dealer is part of an advertising coop.

2.5% off of msrp is a bad deal, horrible if they are hiding the option credit from you.

better to carmax your current car-- i bet you the good trade price they are giving you is being offset by a bad deal on the selling price of the car.

a 925 acq fee is marked up to the max-- makes me think they are going for max markup on the interest rate. what MF are they using?
Thanks for the quick reply!

MF is .00145

No doubt they are not giving me a solid deal....but I should have clarified in my post this is a business lease- I don't need to scavage every dollar, but I want a good deal. I agree with the Carmax idea...but if I can dump the car I have and drive out in the new BMW all in one shot its just easier. Call me lazy I guess.

3000 credit against MSRP is awesome- and I agree..1K over invoice PLUS the 3K would give me 4K off sticker and even if I stayed even on my trade I'd be ok with that.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you live in a remote area? Otherwise, gotta think there're local dealers, other mfg's.

Driving 80 miles for warranty service - how exactly would you do that? Might have to stay a night or two.
I have a local dealer right here in town but they acted like the one vert they had on the lot was made of gold so it was on to the next closest dealer.

· Drive it like u stole it!
813 Posts
Since you live in SC.....build a vert from the closest dealer and demand to pay 500- 1000 over invoice. Since the car isnt stocked and they arent losing money having it on their lot, if they are reasonable, they will do it. Then tell them you want to do the Performance Center Delivery.

· Banned
10,511 Posts
I have a local dealer right here in town but they acted like the one vert they had on the lot was made of gold so it was on to the next closest dealer.
They're movin' at a premium or not - gotta recover interest.

Check the mfg date. Old? They'll cut losses if you hold friendly yet firm.

Might take a week or two to get their mind right....clickable salesman:

Photograph Forehead White-collar worker Photography Black-and-white

· BMW CCA #505303
260 Posts
I'd do as others have said as well and check around some or have one built, sure your going to wait 6 - 8 weeks but it will be just what you wanted and the time will go by faster than you think.

I actually just bought a pretty fully loaded 2011 335i MSport Convertible that was literally one of the last 2011's built before they changed over to the 2012 model year (no difference between the cars at all). MSRP was $63850 and I bought it for $54595, and they included the iPhone media adapter, 3 Team USA jackets for myself, wife and daughter, a new set of premium floor mats and they added me to their preferred customer list where they will come pick the car up from my home or work and drop off a loaner for any service or maintenance work.

So in other words, don't let the dealers try and take you for everything they can. As with anything, there are good dealers out there and not so great dealers out there.

Also, the dealer I bought mine from has a couple of them in stock and they ship anywhere. While I was there they had just sold a new M6 Convertible and were prepping it to ship to Houston TX.

If you want, PM me your info (name, email, phone) and I'll pass it along to my dealer if it would help you any.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.