BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, does anyone know how much a wheel alignment costs at the dealer? i went to goodyear tires yesterday and they couldnt do it and they said dont go anywhere to do it other than the dealer bc all the mechanics will mess it up. thanks

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
hello everyone, does anyone know how much a wheel alignment costs at the dealer? i went to goodyear tires yesterday and they couldnt do it and they said dont go anywhere to do it other than the dealer bc all the mechanics will mess it up. thanks
No - every dealer is different.

Also, the guy at goodyear tires is an idiot. There are two great alignment shops in my area that I go to.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well, I think the Goodyear tech had a good intention. You certainly don't want to go to any store that claims they do alighment. Take it to chain stores like firestone, just tirs, etc, you are betting on the technician who does most ford and honda knows how to align a BMW, and the chance is very slim that he know how to do it right.

So you either go to a dealer or go to some indy shops specilized in BMW. A good question to ask is how do they perform the alignment (they should put some weight on it).

As of price, I have asked around severla months ago. One renowed local indy (listed on bimrs.com) asked for $125, I also saw a local dealer advertise for $170. Other dealers asking arond $250.

·
Is it Trackday yet?
8,975 Posts
It's not rocket surgery, but as stated, if the tech doing it doesn't know they need to weight the car to the settling point before adjusting it, then it will be off.

If not weighted properly the toe will be off cuz the camber changes with ride height. They depend on eachother. So, it needs to be at a known starting point before adjustments can be made, and that is determined by weighting it down to that point.

Spend the money, it's well worth it. My shop charges two hours labor, but my suspension has more adjustments than stock. Depending on how many changes are needed it could take that long. Yours will likely go quicker.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts