BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
24/7 Bimmer Addict
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched in the threads but could not find anything, may be I wasn't looking hard enough. I am thinking of buying Clears from either of the three places

1. Bekkers
2. Bimmian
3. Parts4Euro

I am also going to get the Invisibulbs. This is where my question is. The invisibulbs come in two types. The pins on the bulb are either 180deg offset or 150 deg offset.

I think the OEM lenses in the car are 150 deg offset. My understanding is if I bought my clears from any of the above places, the bulbs I would have to get to fit perfectly would be the 180 deg offset bulbs. I am not sure about this though.

What have you guys used.

·
Banned
9,901 Posts
I have no idea what the answer is to your question, even though I added OEM clears to my car and purchased Silvervision bulbs over the internet. It all just worked.

However, if I were in your shoes, I'd contact Bimmian, Bekkers, and/or Parts4Euro and ask them the specifics about the product you are planning to buy from them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
some info

I believe that the oem bulbs are amber with "7 o'clock" pin orientation. The invisi bulbs or which ever you buy will need to have a "6 0'clock" pin orientation. When you buy clear corners and rears, the sockets that come with the lenses will be 6 o'clock. I got my lenses from Parts4Euro and my bulbs from StealthAuto. I couldn't be happier with the results.

·
24/7 Bimmer Addict
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rjh325 said:
I believe that the oem bulbs are amber with "7 o'clock" pin orientation. The invisi bulbs or which ever you buy will need to have a "6 0'clock" pin orientation. When you buy clear corners and rears, the sockets that come with the lenses will be 6 o'clock. I got my lenses from Parts4Euro and my bulbs from StealthAuto. I couldn't be happier with the results.
Thanks. This confirms my assumptions. I am thinking of getting my clears from Parts4euro. Can you give me the part numbers on your stealth auto bulbs if you still have them.

·
24/7 Bimmer Addict
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rjh325 said:
The link from stealth auto that you posted showed the 7507 bulb and that has the '7 o'clock' pin orientation. But youu mentioned that the lights you bought from parts4euro had a '6 o'clock' pin orientation. Was that just a typo?

·
Registered
121 Posts
here's what i did

I have the 7507 in the rears. They are 7 o'clock.
I have another stealth type bulb(not stealth brand) in the fronts which are 6 o'clockers. I looked at the bulb type of the oem stock lenses when I placed my order, not knowing that the clear corners would come with a different socket type that takes a 6 o'clock pin bulb. I was able to use my oem stock sockets on my clear corners with no problems. To tell you the truth, the clears are made by the same maker as the oems(ULO). With that said, it's not a big surprise that the sockets are interchangeable. Sorry for the confusion.

·
24/7 Bimmer Addict
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rjh325 said:
I have the 7507 in the rears. They are 7 o'clock.
I have another stealth type bulb(not stealth brand) in the fronts which are 6 o'clockers. I looked at the bulb type of the oem stock lenses when I placed my order, not knowing that the clear corners would come with a different socket type that takes a 6 o'clock pin bulb. I was able to use my oem stock sockets on my clear corners with no problems. To tell you the truth, the clears are made by the same maker as the oems(ULO). With that said, it's not a big surprise that the sockets are interchangeable. Sorry for the confusion.
Thanks, That clears it up.

·
Team EuroProjektz Member
36 Posts
Just stumbled onto this forum but hey for your bulbs, you are making it harder than it seems...!

BMW OEM bulbs have 2 offset prongs but those are ONLY used to hold the bulb in place so any Japanese 1156 bulb will work (just grind off one of the "nips")

We've done this for many cars and it works fine...

If you have questions visit our site or e-mail me.

www.euroboutique.us

rick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.