BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm almost in the final stages of insanity - I've researched about 20-30 530i's and have narrowed the list down to a point where I have a car in mind. The only catch is that it's not under the original factory warranty because it's an 01 car (46000 miles). The price is definitely right, and it's a private seller. The car appears to have been very well maintained, seeing winter in moderation. The exterior and interior are in near flawless condition. As far as warranty goes, though, I really don't want to be hit with a major item right off the bat. Is the car worth the investment, or should I really stick with my dealer for a CPO car?

Any advice would be appreicated

Much thanks,
CBH

·
Registered
688 Posts
cbhigdon said:
Well, I'm almost in the final stages of insanity - I've researched about 20-30 530i's and have narrowed the list down to a point where I have a car in mind. The only catch is that it's not under the original factory warranty because it's an 01 car (46000 miles). The price is definitely right, and it's a private seller. The car appears to have been very well maintained, seeing winter in moderation. The exterior and interior are in near flawless condition. As far as warranty goes, though, I really don't want to be hit with a major item right off the bat. Is the car worth the investment, or should I really stick with my dealer for a CPO car?

Any advice would be appreicated

Much thanks,
CBH
First, a car is usually not an investment. Second, this may not be the best forum for your question. Do you have the service records of the car? Are you sure it has not been in any accidents, or has had any major problems? Why can't it be a CPO, if their warranties I believe go to 6yrs and 100,000, and this car is about 4 years and 46kmile old? Also, you may buy an extention to your warranty if it is still under original warranty. ( I guess after all this may be the best forum for you, since a dealer may know the answer)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts