BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I did a search on this and didn't find anything.

I am a paper kinda guy, and would like to collect the complete repair manual - in this case for a F87 chassis car, into perhaps a single pdf. I poked around a bit with the Sql DB files but I didn't see any obvious way to do this.

Has anyone done this, and can someone share some pointers?

Thanks

Ray

·
Premium Member
45,145 Posts
I don't know about a "complete repair manual", but these may be of interest to you.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Shawn!

This is great information.

I have the ISTA tools, and found some large DB, was wondering which DB and how to actually create queries that would access what I want. Played with some open SQlite tools, but to no availe, but then, I am not a DBMS kinda guy! As it is, information is dolled out in tiny little bits, sigh...

·
Premium Member
45,145 Posts
Thanks Shawn!

This is great information.

I have the ISTA tools, and found some large DB, was wondering which DB and how to actually create queries that would access what I want. Played with some open SQlite tools, but to no availe, but then, I am not a DBMS kinda guy! As it is, information is dolled out in tiny little bits, sigh...
Well, I will point you in the right direction. The Databases are HSQLDB (Hyper Structured Query Language Database) and can be accessed using Databases such as DBeaver or SQLiteStudio, as somewhat explained here:

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great information, Thanks, I had played with SQLlite studio, but had not figured out the table structures! There must be a way to index by chassis, subsystem, etc...

Thank

1 - 5 of 5 Posts