BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I just had some Stern ST II rims installed on my '03 330 Ci and am experiencing some vibrations. The tire tech told me to get either wheel spacers or hub centric rings. I was wondering if you guys had any preference of one or the other.....Also, which size of hub centric rings to get, if I go that route. The new rims are 18" x 8.5", everything else in the suspension/breaks/hub is stock.

Thanks! :bigpimp:

· Speed Bump
288 Posts
TheRaaj said:
All,

I just had some Stern ST II rims installed on my '03 330 Ci and am experiencing some vibrations. The tire tech told me to get either wheel spacers or hub centric rings. I was wondering if you guys had any preference of one or the other.....Also, which size of hub centric rings to get, if I go that route. The new rims are 18" x 8.5", everything else in the suspension/breaks/hub is stock.

Thanks! :bigpimp:
Any place that sold you wheels for a BMW without proper hubcentric adapting rings should be torched. E46 hub center diameter is ~72.5mm. I have no idea what the ID of Stern wheels are. Tell the jackass who sold you the wheels to either put rings in there or you will deposit the wheels in his rectum and dispute the charge with your credit card company.

· Registered
397 Posts
The E39 (older 5-series) featured a slightly larger hub, so it's not terribly uncommon for manufacturers to make a single rim that requires the spacers for other models. The rings are very cheap and really should've been included when you bought the wheels. The hub-centric design is important to ensure proper mounting -- to reduce/eliminate any side-loads from the lug-bolts, and to keep the wheel perfectly centered on the hub.

I'd suggest that you contact the selling party and ask that they provide the rings you need. Failing that, TireRack might be able to supply them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.