BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Rim Automotive wheel system
Hey guys I am new to BMWs and bought this car to drive in the summertime and I’m wondering what this is and if If it’s missing something or it should be like that it’s a 2008 335 Xi

·
Resident Curmudgeon
26,107 Posts
Looks like a blow off valve. aka BOV.

But it also seems to be missing some stuff. Runs OK?!?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It runs Great to be honest thats why i was so confused i want to correct it though and add whatever it needs.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
26,107 Posts
Sorry, maybe do a google image search for 2008 BMW 335 xi bov... see if you can find a match, then dig from there? Or maybe post this in the 335 subforum?

I think here:

·
Registered
14 Posts
What you have there is an aftermarket blow off valve. It's not a factory bmw part. Most likely the previous owner installed it as an "upgrade" but if it has no makers mark on it, then it's probably chinese ebay crap. If the car is running well, I'd just leave it alone. The hole you see in the image is where the bov purges the excess pressure into the atmosphere which is the noise you hear after the turbo spools up. It's not necessary to have a hose connected to it unless the sound bothers you and you want to port the pressure to have it dump elsewhere in the engine bay. Cheers, Robert

1 - 6 of 6 Posts