BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-
I'm not a current BMWFS customer so I dont qualify for the lower money factors currently being offered. But, I read somewhere on this forum that if you pay an extra security deposit you can get the owner loyalty rates. Is this true? If so, it's a great deal, since it usually takes about 4 MSDs to buy down the rate by .0003.
Which leads to my next question..if it's true that you can get the owner loyalty rates by adding an extra security deposit, how does that work with doing MSDs? Would you put down a total of 9 security deposits (1 regular, 1 for owner loyalty and 7 to get the max buy down)?

Crossing my fingers...

Thanks.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi-
I'm not a current BMWFS customer so I dont qualify for the lower money factors currently being offered. But, I read somewhere on this forum that if you pay an extra security deposit you can get the owner loyalty rates. Is this true? If so, it's a great deal, since it usually takes about 4 MSDs to buy down the rate by .0003.
Which leads to my next question..if it's true that you can get the owner loyalty rates by adding an extra security deposit, how does that work with doing MSDs? Would you put down a total of 9 security deposits (1 regular, 1 for owner loyalty and 7 to get the max buy down)?

Crossing my fingers...

Thanks.
Not exactly. I'm going to defer to one of the very knowledgable Dealer sponsors on this but my understanding is that you cannot get the Owners Loyalty (even by MSDs). What you can do is put 7 addtional security deposits down (that is the max #) to buy down your MF by a total of .00049. However, current BMWFS customers also would get the additional .0003 owners loyalty

But, having said all of that, I'm going to defer to those more knowledgable on the subject. Good luck! And, you will love your BMW when you get it!!!

·
Helping
120 Posts
I would agree with what Carmen has stated. I work in a state that doesn't allow the use of MSD's so I am certainly not the most knowledgeable about them. However, I have never heard of being able to get loyalty rates by putting up extra security deposit. I wish that were the case I know I would have several people who would be willing to do that.

·
BMW
884 Posts
Owner loyalty is as it says...rates/cash are reserved for current or previous(within 6 months) BMW FS customers only. No exceptions

·
Not Wearing Pants
13,832 Posts
Owner loyalty is as it says...rates/cash are reserved for current or previous(within 6 months) BMW FS customers only. No exceptions
hopefully they'll change this in the next two weeks. I need a car... lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
c'mon BMWFS. make it worth my hard earned cash! give me the 09 335i coupe at a reasonable MF/interest rate. then blueguy and i are as good as sold!

·
Not Wearing Pants
13,832 Posts
Then what you are looking for is not owner loyalty ... you are looking for a handout aka rebate aka option credit ...etc :thumbup:
No, I'm looking for loyalty. 3 BMW leased or purchased cars in 6 years is pretty loyal to a brand. ;) Both my leases were resold by BMW...they've made their cheddar off me. Should nothing show up by the end of February i'll just buy anyway. :)

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
c'mon BMWFS. make it worth my hard earned cash! give me the 09 335i coupe at a reasonable MF/interest rate. then blueguy and i are as good as sold!
+1. Then blueguy, drkumar and I are as good as sold.... I got word my lease was paid off by BMWNA (final effort to close out the Lemon Law action), so I am officially 'in-the-market'....

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
We can't survive forever as a one-car household in SD. This is the first time in 15 years I haven't owned a car or had a car in my name. Weird feeling.
Well, depending on whether BMWFS puts any tweaks on the table around the 21st of the month, you may be deciding fairly soon.... Any reason you haven't considered renting for a couple of weeks?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts