Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After extensive troubleshooting I have concluded that the 6disc cd changer is drawing .127MA when car is unattended and “sleeping”. The only component that I see connected to the cd is the ABMW35V5, which I am trying to include photo. Is there a way to troubleshoot this component to find out if this is the problem. I don’t think that it should be drawing that much power. I would very much like to be able to use my CD player but not at the expense of dead battery problems.

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
After extensive troubleshooting I have concluded that the 6disc cd changer is drawing .127MA when car is unattended and “sleeping”. The only component that I see connected to the cd is the ABMW35V5, which I am trying to include photo. Is there a way to troubleshoot this component to find out if this is the problem. I don’t think that it should be drawing that much power. I would very much like to be able to use my CD player but not at the expense of dead battery problems.
Have you tried disconnecting it from power for 15 to 20 minutes then plugging it back in? I had a similar problem with my telematic unit. After a dead battery from a failed alternator it wouldn't go to sleep. Same thing happened after a previous alternator and dead battery. I pulled the power to the unit and then powered it back up. That solved the problem. Maybe that will work for the CD player? :dunno:

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 98K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
16,386 Posts
Advanced Vehicle Diagnosis

Advanced Vehicle Diagnosis

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts