BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
BigSlick
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are the dealers typically notified that an ED car is through customs and on its way to the dealership? Will they be notified once it's been released or is it that the car will just one day appear on their lot?

Not only am I anxious, but as some on this forum know, this is my CA's first ED and I'm trying to keep close tabs on this process e v e r y
s t e p
o f
t h e
w a y.

And now that the ship has finally hit port, I'm a bit anxious since there seems to be no other mechanisms by which I can track my baby home. :)

·
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest!
932 Posts
Dealers have inventory lists, that are updated routinely, of cars that are on order. ED cars are included on this list, and I believe that the lists indicate the progress of the car. However, it is not clear how accurate this list is.
There is also a BMW website that some dealers have access to (apparently not all, because my dealer didn't know about it) that provides such information. I can't recall the name of that website.
Bottom line, the information between port and the dealer is always sketchy.

·
BigSlick
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dealers have inventory lists, that are updated routinely, of cars that are on order. ED cars are included on this list, and I believe that the lists indicate the progress of the car. However, it is not clear how accurate this list is.
There is also a BMW website that some dealers have access to (apparently not all, because my dealer didn't know about it) that provides such information. I can't recall the name of that website.
Bottom line, the information between port and the dealer is always sketchy.
The "list" that you refer to, is that the DAR? Because my CA forwarded me the email she sent to BMWNA requesting status at the port and in that message she stated that the vehicle is no longer on the DAR. So, how can the CA track the car after it's deleted from this list?

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
The "list" that you refer to, is that the DAR? Because my CA forwarded me the email she sent to BMWNA requesting status at the port and in that message she stated that the vehicle is no longer on the DAR. So, how can the CA track the car after it's deleted from this list?
humm....:eeps: Have they checked their inventory??!!

·
BigSlick
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
humm....:eeps: Have they checked their inventory??!!
I just sent her an email asking her to check her inventory. Hope to hear back from her tomorrow. Man, I hope I can pick up on next Friday the 23rd. If I have to wait until after Memorial Day I'm going to be pissed. :mad: Is a 15 day wait reasonable from port arrival -> Customs ->VPC->VDC ->:bigpimp:?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts