BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i replaced parts with other bmw original accessories/parts, how will that affect resale value, both private sale and trade-in.

i want to replace 17" stock rims with other 18" bmw rims. would this decrease or increase resale value?

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
It depends upon who you sell it to. If it's another BMW enthusiast, it would probably increase resale. If it's Joe Public who only sees a bunch of enthusiast accessories, he might be scared the car was driven hard and it will decrease resale.

Are you planning on trading the car in to a dealer or do you plan to sell it yourself? I'm not sure what a dealer would do, but they rip you off on trade ins regardless of the condition of your car.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
OEM will not hurt you as much in a dealer trade. Non-OEM will cause them to stick it to you harder then normal:banghead:

The other Phil is right on target as far as private sales:thumbup:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PM 325xiT said:
OEM will not hurt you as much in a dealer trade. Non-OEM will cause them to stick it to you harder then normal:banghead:

The other Phil is right on target as far as private sales:thumbup:
when you say OEM, do you mean the parts/accessories that come with the car, or including other original bmw parts/accessories that are not standard?

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
ak330i said:

when you say OEM, do you mean the parts/accessories that come with the car, or including other original bmw parts/accessories that are not standard?
Non standard as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts