BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,271 Posts
The above poster has a nice pic. I think it works with silver quite well, but I wouldn't order it w/o seeing it on another car.

car said:
Is this a good looking color combination?

Is it fairly available?

Is resale good on this color combo?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
860 Posts
The posted pic of a Z4 is silver gray (or sterling gray) with beige. Not ti silver.

Ti silver with beige is not to ervyones tast, but I like it. But then I like apline white with beige also. So go figure...

Common wisedom says combine beige with darker colours. Especially if your looking at resale....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
tierfreund said:
The posted pic of a Z4 is silver gray (or sterling gray) with beige. Not ti silver.

Ti silver with beige is not to ervyones tast, but I like it. But then I like apline white with beige also. So go figure...

Common wisedom says combine beige with darker colours. Especially if your looking at resale....
I think its an ok combination if you like beige. I went to my local dealer today and checked out the four-car set sent to all US dealers. The Arctic 325i non-sport had a beige interior. My wife commented that it already looked dirty inside. I have a hard time with all the dash and door plastic being the same beige color as the leather. As far as being a good "combination" I don't think that really means anything except on a convertible where you can see the sheet metal and the interior at the same time. With a sedan or coupe you're either in it or out of it and the only time you see both colors is when getting in and out. Get these colors if you like them and don't worry about whether they "go together."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,548 Posts
numbersguy said:
I think its an ok combination if you like beige. I went to my local dealer today and checked out the four-car set sent to all US dealers. The Arctic 325i non-sport had a beige interior. My wife commented that it already looked dirty inside. I have a hard time with all the dash and door plastic being the same beige color as the leather. As far as being a good "combination" I don't think that really means anything except on a convertible where you can see the sheet metal and the interior at the same time. With a sedan or coupe you're either in it or out of it and the only time you see both colors is when getting in and out. Get these colors if you like them and don't worry about whether they "go together."
Nahhh....its fine with Silver-grey or Sterling grey, but I think black goes much better with Titanium Silver.
 

·
Grinning from ear to ear
Joined
·
2,029 Posts
Well when I bought my E46, one dealer told me I was crazy and shouldn't do it. I ordered a Silver Gray 330 with Natural Brown interior. I happen to think the combination is stunning. If you want me to post pics let me know. Anyway go with what you like - don't worry so much about resale.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,552 Posts
Natural Brown is so much better looking than beige, IMHO. I will disagree that the interior color doesn't matter on a sedan. I saw a monaco blue 330 last night and the beige interior is VERY visible from the rear window...there's lots of beige up there behind the rear seats.

Who in HELL is picking these interior colors at BMW anyway? Terra is like ugly orange-brown. The beige has too much yellow in it. Why can't they offer Truffle Brown (X5 leather) or Creme Beige (645i) or Natural Brown (E46)???

Gosh if I ran BMW everything would be perfect. :angel:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
MARCUS330i said:
Who in HELL is picking these interior colors at BMW anyway? Terra is like ugly orange-brown. The beige has too much yellow in it. Why can't they offer Truffle Brown (X5 leather) or Creme Beige (645i) or Natural Brown (E46)???

Gosh if I ran BMW everything would be perfect. :angel:
You have my vote! :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Silver & Beige combo is stunning...

My experiences with BMW CAs is that they have *no* originality when recommending colors. No offense, Adrian, but silver and beige are a stunning combination. My CA tried to talk me out of getting SGM with beige! It's the freakin' launch color combo for crying out loud. I will give the CA some credit because I realize they view every car from the standpoint of how easy it will be to sell. That's fine and I'm glad to know their perspective, but what you're in effect saying is I should by a car that offends the least amount of people. No thanks. Life's too short, get what you want.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
614 Posts
silver and beige

i love silvers, grey etc. i also love beige interior. blakc interiors are way too dark (for me)a nd the bmw grey is bad. sorry- dont want to offend anyone.

after LOTS of thought. i decided against combined grey in this case silver grey on an 06 530 xit (wagon) and beige. i didnt think it looked right. the colors are too similar in terns of shade. instead, i opted for titanium grey and beige. the titanium is dark enough that is provides enough contrast to the beige.

straight titanium silver and beige, unfortunately dont work together. BUT, if you like it. GET IT! i do think however that it could affect resale...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,548 Posts
wagonman said:
i love silvers, grey etc. i also love beige interior. blakc interiors are way too dark (for me)a nd the bmw grey is bad. sorry- dont want to offend anyone.

after LOTS of thought. i decided against combined grey in this case silver grey on an 06 530 xit (wagon) and beige. i didnt think it looked right. the colors are too similar in terns of shade. instead, i opted for titanium grey and beige. the titanium is dark enough that is provides enough contrast to the beige.

straight titanium silver and beige, unfortunately dont work together. BUT, if you like it. GET IT! i do think however that it could affect resale...
Like I said: Silver-Grey/Beige OR
Titanium Silver/Black.......I.M.O., of course.
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
7,319 Posts
robertb_in_dc said:
My experiences with BMW CAs is that they have *no* originality when recommending colors. No offense, Adrian, but silver and beige are a stunning combination. My CA tried to talk me out of getting SGM with beige! It's the freakin' launch color combo for crying out loud. I will give the CA some credit because I realize they view every car from the standpoint of how easy it will be to sell. That's fine and I'm glad to know their perspective, but what you're in effect saying is I should by a car that offends the least amount of people. No thanks. Life's too short, get what you want.
IMO, Sparkling Graphite over Beige is more striking.

In the past two years, I haven't had a single client make a T silver over beige color request.

On the other hand, Silver Gray over Beige is a better combo than the TSilver/Beige.

But I wholeheartedly agree- definitely get what you want.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top