BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about buying a X5 35d with sport package. I know it comes with runflats, but had some questions:

1) What brand tire does it come from factory with in the sport package (255/50 R19)?
2) If you order the space saver spare, where is it located in vehicle? Anyone have pics of it?
3) What is the size of the space saver spare?
4) Is tha space saver spare a runflat?

Thanks!

·
Registered
504 Posts
1) The tire's are Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport Run Flat
2) It is under a main trunk cover, which without the spare is storage space. (Sorry no pics)
3) I do not believe it is runflat, but am not sure. (it is not a full sized tire)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I thought about getting the space saver spare as well, after a lot of though I decided to go without it. Less weight more storage

1) Not sure of the brand, I thnk there are at least 2 choices
2) It appears they put the spare in the huge sub-floor storage well below the rear cargo area. Even though it gets hot this space is a great place for my air pump (my replacement for the spare) and other things (tools, snow shovel, brush) I love to have in car but hate to have rolling around the cargo area.
3) Not sure of the size, but I would not drive an X5 too far on the donut...
4) I do not think the spare is a run flat

In short, I dislike my run-flats, and I miss the full size spare in the 03 X5.
But unless you travel through remote places or have a high propensity to get flats, the run flats seem to be an ok solution with out needing to use the compact spare.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thinking about buying a X5 35d with sport package. I know it comes with runflats, but had some questions:

1) What brand tire does it come from factory with in the sport package (255/50 R19)?
2) If you order the space saver spare, where is it located in vehicle? Anyone have pics of it?
3) What is the size of the space saver spare?
4) Is tha space saver spare a runflat?

Thanks!
1) a friend of mine just for the Diesel with sports and it came with Michelin RTFs.
2) in the trunk, under the mat
3) thin emergency tire
4) no

·
Registered
411 Posts
When I pull the race car to distant races, I always carry a spare unmounted tire. The spacesaver will not withstand the trailer load. You can always find someone to put the new tire on an existing wheel. Getting a new tire shipped in will ruin the weekend for certain and could immobilize you for 3-4 days--not an acceptable risk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts