BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know if the 2005 M3 with Premium Harmon Kardon has Sirius Sattelite radio built in. If not, how much does it cost?

Is it possible for XM or Sirius to co exist with the stock stereo while having IPOD, can you do this without have to use an FM air transmitter?

What alarm is the best one for the M3? Is the stock alarm any good?

What is the latest version of firmware for the GPS navigation and what kind of improvements can I expect from the previous version?

I have an early model 2005 M3 and I need to know what type of Navigation systme it has so that I can purchase a DVD from ebay. The DVD's at the dealer cost 210.00. That is rediculous.

The other question I have is the following.

About 2 months ago I notied a dark tint on my 18 inch rims. I thought it might be a stain but after trying to clean it, I have come to the conclusion that I think i may have put something on my rims that removed the clear coat. How can I get this repaired. Any suggestions. The rims also have some minor nicks.

What is the best radar detector for the money to get with the M3. I lived in Germany and was used to the Autobahn, but now that I am stationed in Texas, I will have to do 70 MPH rather than 170 MPH. If you need proof of the speed. Visit www.myspace.com/troymerritt

Take care, Troy

Your help with these questions is greatly appreciated.
 

·
Carbon Fiber & M3 Fanatic
Joined
·
52 Posts
I love my Valentine 1. Been using it on my 330 and plan to transfer it to the M.
 

·
european auto source
Joined
·
5,879 Posts
troymerritt said:
I would like to know if the 2005 M3 with Premium Harmon Kardon has Sirius Sattelite radio built in. If not, how much does it cost?
I didn't see if you had a Coupe or Vert M3. The radio will support Sirius satellite radio, we have kits at the following link:

http://www.europeanautosource.com/index.php?cPath=67_126_129_131

troymerritt said:
Is it possible for XM or Sirius to co exist with the stock stereo while having IPOD, can you do this without have to use an FM air transmitter?
Sirius is definitely an option, if you have Business CD you can choose XM Radio as well, we have a compatible kit at this link:

XM Direct Satellite Radio Package for BMW & Mini
http://www.europeanautosource.com/product_info.php?cPath=67_126_127&products_id=267

troymerritt said:
What alarm is the best one for the M3? Is the stock alarm any good?
BMW OEM Makes a very good alarm for the M3. The installation is simple enough to perform yourself, but it will need to be activated by your dealer.

troymerritt said:
What is the latest version of firmware for the GPS navigation and what kind of improvements can I expect from the previous version?
Latest version of NAV OS is 27.1, which can be found here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9X481J1K

troymerritt said:
I have an early model 2005 M3 and I need to know what type of Navigation systme it has so that I can purchase a DVD from ebay. The DVD's at the dealer cost 210.00. That is rediculous.
If you have the DVD logo on the NAV computer - it is called a MKIV system. The latest DVD version from Navteq is 2006-2.

troymerritt said:
What is the best radar detector for the money to get with the M3. I lived in Germany and was used to the Autobahn, but now that I am stationed in Texas, I will have to do 70 MPH rather than 170 MPH. If you need proof of the speed. Visit www.myspace.com/troymerritt

Take care, Troy

Your help with these questions is greatly appreciated.
Get a Valentine 1 radar detector - these can be obtained from V1's website at http://www.valentine1.com.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks One last question for you

Thank you for the information, one last question. Why is it so much cheaper for the XM installations kit as compared to Sirius? Thanks, Troy Merritt
 

·
european auto source
Joined
·
5,879 Posts
troymerritt said:
Thank you for the information, one last question. Why is it so much cheaper for the XM installations kit as compared to Sirius? Thanks, Troy Merritt
Completely different kits. The Sirius is OEM from BMW, the XM is aftermarket integration. XM was never originally offered in a BMW.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Which one is better XM or Sirius

In your opinion, which kit is better and which service is better and is it possible to have this and integrate the IPOD into the stereo at the same time? Thanks, Troy Merritt
 

·
european auto source
Joined
·
5,879 Posts
troymerritt said:
In your opinion, which kit is better and which service is better and is it possible to have this and integrate the IPOD into the stereo at the same time? Thanks, Troy Merritt
Either one will allow the iPod to integrate with the system - it purely depends on your taste in programming. I am a Sirius user myself (Stern).

Note: If your M3 has Navigation - the XM Direct kit is not compatible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again, another question

I have a 2005 M3 Coupe, which Sirius component should I get from your company. They have two different ones. Thanks, Troy Merritt
 

·
european auto source
Joined
·
5,879 Posts
troymerritt said:
I have a 2005 M3 Coupe, which Sirius component should I get from your company. They have two different ones. Thanks, Troy Merritt
There is a difference in the mounting locations (and pieces) for the Coupe & Vert. Here is the kit you need:

Sirius Satellite Radio - e46 3-series/M3 Coupe & Sedan
http://www.europeanautosource.com/product_info.php?products_id=272

If you have a CD Changer or DICE/ice>Link Plus - you will want the slave cable as well:

ice>Link Plus/DICE iPod/CD Changer/Sirius Interface Cable
http://www.europeanautosource.com/product_info.php?cPath=67_126_129_131&products_id=235

These are both in stock and can ship tomorrow morning!
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top