BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
BimmerJunkie
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be my first time going.

Do I need to pack a cooler with food/drink or will there be refreshments sold there?

Should I bring my Hookah (Mediterranean water pipe)?

Where are all the Bimmers in Glendale, CA gonna meet up at?

·
resident, old fart
1,870 Posts
Yes, everyone knows that Hookahs and BMWs go hand in hand and that no self-respecting, professional adult driving a car of this class would be caught "dead" without their bong. I'm sure the crowd that can afford a new BMW are thrilled you have joined their ranks.

I know you were trying to be funny, but I think you failed. Bring whatever you think you need, but too much information. Bring your 2-beer-holding helmet too. Oh, and since I am being overly critical, don't end sentences with a preposition and no singing at the dinner table.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Bring all of the above! There is food and beverage vendor(s) on site, but it's always nice to have your own. Hookah sounds like a good idea, however i would clear that with Jon (Bimmerfest founder) first. I can't see why not though...

Hope you enjoy your 1st Bimmerfest!

aloha,
thaichi808

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yes, everyone knows that Hookahs and BMWs go hand in hand and that no self-respecting, professional adult driving a car of this class would be caught "dead" without their bong. I'm sure the crowd that can afford a new BMW are thrilled you have joined their ranks.

I know you were trying to be funny, but I think you failed. Bring whatever you think you need, but too much information. Bring your 2-beer-holding helmet too. Oh, and since I am being overly critical, don't end sentences with a preposition and no singing at the dinner table.
haha! a5$!

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,216 Posts

So uninformed.....

A hookah is not meant for weed or drugs. They have their own tobacco.
Geez, dont get on the guys case for having a tobacco smoking machine.
Do you have a pipe? Know anyone with a pipe? Do you call them potheads?
BTW... hookah = not a bong. do a google search

Its like us americans eating hamburgers. You gonna call me a stupid fat pig?
Something has to do with culture does not make it stupid, or on a lower level.

AND... btw, there are A LOT of hookah smoking bimmer drivers. Maybe not from the old e39 crowd, but a lot of the newer model drivers do. I chat it up with a lot of e90/e92/e60 drivers and majority are middle eastern

·
Registered
183 Posts
So uninformed.....

A hookah is not meant for weed or drugs. They have their own tobacco.
Geez, dont get on the guys case for having a tobacco smoking machine.
Do you have a pipe? Know anyone with a pipe? Do you call them potheads?
BTW... hookah = not a bong. do a google search

Something has to do with culture does not make it stupid, or on a lower level.

AND... btw, there are A LOT of hookah smoking bimmer drivers. Maybe not from the old e39 crowd, but a lot of the newer model drivers do. I chat it up with a lot of e90/e92/e60 drivers and majority are middle eastern
+1

I have a hookah too... Made in Iraq BABY!

·
resident, old fart
1,870 Posts
Then why would you have to ask the question in the first place? Would you ask someone if you can bring a pack of smokes? Lighten up, I was just playing. Let's not get our panties all in a wad over nothing.

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,216 Posts
Then why would you have to ask the question in the first place? Would you ask someone if you can bring a pack of smokes? Lighten up, I was just playing. Let's not get our panties all in a wad over nothing.
LOL, you serious?

Im sure he asked because he wanted to know if it would be cool if he could set it up in a circle with friends. Not so he walk around and **** with it.

You arnt playing when you think its for marijuana and its just like a bong.

You think hookah's are for bummed out potheads.

I dont care if you make a joke about bringing a hookah to the meet, just dont call it a bong or for people with no self respect.

·
resident, old fart
1,870 Posts
Grab a burger and chill man. You are wound up way too tight. Just don't sing at the dinner table as I'm quite serious about that. Enough lecturing-move on..

·
BimmerJunkie
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
OK GUYS!!!! lol.

1. Yes in all honesty I asked if I could bring my hookah (Mine is made in Lebanon iSOULTRANi) ONLY because I had seen videos on youtube and here on this site of past bimmerfest events and there were clips of peeps and the hookas in them.

2. I figured 540 was kidding but dang, you guys.

3. See you guys at Bimmerfest '09!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. If my wife is feeling well enough, I might bring here and our kids (Who will be born any day now :thumbup:) along with us. :D:D:D

·
Please, call me Brian.
10,782 Posts
By "Hookah" I thought you were speaking some crazy Californian slang for "hookers", which are not very common here in my part of Wisconsin, and most likely would draw negative attention to myself...

·
resident, old fart
1,870 Posts
OK GUYS!!!! lol.

2. I figured 540 was kidding but dang, you guys.

3. See you guys at Bimmerfest '09!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D
I'm glad that you, and not someone I wasn't even talking to, could see I was totally kidding. Others can think what they want, I was playing with you. I'm a product of the 60's fer heavens sakes so read into this that I am the LAST person to judge! I'm just trying to speak for the old fart generation on this board. You bring whatever you need and have a blast. Bring some "ludes" for Andy (another old-timer joke that will probably go wide).

Bill

P.S. I had a neighbor (cause they lived next door) with the last name Koshgarien-owned a rug cleaning business and they were very wealthy, older folks from Turkey, I believe. They had a prized and gorgeous Hookah in a prominent place in their living room. The rented a second house behind theirs to some hippies who got in there when the Koshgarien's went on vacation and well, the rest is history. I never heard an old Turkish man cuss like that when he returned home and found hash residue all lining his SOLID GOLD, hand-engraved bowel. They were evicted shortly after!

·
Just a Gigolo
585 Posts

You are a stupid fat pig!

:neener::lmao:

·
Freude am Fahren
6,378 Posts
By "Hookah" I thought you were speaking some crazy Californian slang for "hookers", which are not very common here in my part of Wisconsin, and most likely would draw negative attention to myself...
:rofl:

·
BimmerJunkie
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:rofl: If I brought a hooker, my wife would kill me :rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
BimmerJunkie
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:bigpimp:THIS ONE IS FOR YOU haolibird!!!! :bigpimp:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts