BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yah, Hi.

I have a few questions... The first thing I want to do to my '94 530i is replace the chip. What would be best for this. I here getting a Dinnan chip is a popular mod. what does that do? and involve? Will it increase low range torque as well as high range hp? how about fuel mialage.

Also, I would like to clean up the intake/exhaust a bit. But I hear a K&N cone filter will screw with the engine. What about a drop in from K&N? How about aftermarket exhuast?

And...has anyone even heard of the wheel brand called Flik before? They've got these beautiful rims that I'd love for my bimmer, but I don't know if they're actauly any good.

Brakes? Suspention?

(p.s., yes this was posted in the 5 seires forum. No-one seemd to notice it though, and this place seems a bit more active.

Thanks
Edit/Delete Message

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
IMO the best chip is the Conforti chip. Especially when combined with a Conforti cold air intake (CAI). You can get the setup from Truner Motorsport (www.turnermotorsport.com) or Eurosport (www.eurosporthighperformance.com).

Just switching to a cone filter normally does as much harm as good, sinc ethe intake is now breathing hot under hood air. You gain flow, but lose mass, so break even. The Conforti setups use a heat shield to prevent most of the hot air from getting into the intake.

Dinan also has setups, but IMO, they tend to be expensive for the performance level. Their suspensions are nice for the mostly street driver who wants a bit better. But many of us are a bit more hard core than that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts