Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morining everyone, tried looking everywhere for answers but couldn't find a clear one.
Here's the deal i'm currently gathering parts to put a manual tranny on my 95 325i. I bought the car as a non runner with a dead DME switched it and installed an EWS delete chip on it to make it run.
While researching this topic i read that the EWS carries the information that tells the DME if it's a manual or auto equiped car.
If so how will i be able to code my ecu to know that it's now a manual if i don't have an EWS anymore?
I have a DME that came from a manual 325i but i don't think that will do.
Any pointers appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I heard that if you swap the transmission and don't program the ecu the car will idle higher and will hold the revs longer when changing gears but all the people that complained about that had OBD2 cars (323i/328i) i still don't know if it applies to an obd1 325i
Thanks

·
Screamin demon
883 Posts
Auto and manuel e36 have the same dme, same tunes as far as obdl. As far as im aware manuel swapped obdll cars have a seperate trans controler as well so the ecu should still be same maps. The transmission is what causes the engine to hold or lower revs through the inner workings of the auto clutches and whatnot, not by the ecu.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts