BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 97 528i and I would like to replace the front bumper with an OEM rather than an aftermarket one. Since a brand new one would cost alot, I am looking for a used one. My question is can I get any year and model as long as they are from the E39 family?
Would appreciate any help. Thanks!

·
Registered
15,638 Posts
Go to realoem.com, find your bumper P/N, and use that number to search for all other models that use the same p/n.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hi,

I have a 97 528i and I would like to replace the front bumper with an OEM rather than an aftermarket one. Since a brand new one would cost alot, I am looking for a used one. My question is can I get any year and model as long as they are from the E39 family?
Would appreciate any help. Thanks!
1996-2000 after 2000 the bumper & splash shields changed.

·
Registered
430 Posts
1996-2000 after 2000 the bumper & splash shields changed.
1996-2000 only. 2001 - 2003 the bumper & splash shields changed so they will require modifications to make work.

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
I did the reverse search based on the part number and it would come back with nothing.
I got the part number but when I did a reverse search base on the part number, nothing came up.
You must be using the wrong search link on Realoem.com. You have to use the one that says "part vehicle search"...or use the search box on the first page that has big red writing next to it.

For example...if you type the part nbr in the TOP box (see image below)...you will only get your car. If you click the link that says PART VEHICLE SEARCH...you will be linked to type in the part nbr and the site will give you a PART CROSS REFERENCE search to get ALL possible BMW models that use that same part (see 2nd image below):

Since the time of this pic below...Realoem has two search box locations on the first page...there's the one at the bottom of the page (like in pic below)...and there's one further up near the top left of the page highlighted with RED TEXT "PART NBR APPLICATION SEARCH". BOTH search box on the first page (seen below) will be a part cross reference search and pull up all BMW models that use that same part:

Hope this helps you be able to utilize the many features of Realoem.com better. :)

·
Gearhead
1,129 Posts
Contact Certifit and buy a brand new unpainted bumper cover, any yr, for less than $100.
They have offices in:
Pennsauken NJ

or one in Baltimore, MD & another in Randolph, MA

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You must be using the wrong search link on Realoem.com. You have to use the one that says "part vehicle search"...or use the search box on the first page that has big red writing next to it.
Hope this helps you be able to utilize the many features of Realoem.com better. :)
Hi,

Finally got .... must search from the main page. Thanks for all your help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts