BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noob wanting to say Hi. :)

I came extremely closed to pulling a trigger on a G35 coupe 6MT. I own Japanese cars exclusively for the last 20 years. After I test drove the 325i E90 6MT (dealer didn't have 330i 6MT in stock), my lust for the G35 began to fade. I test drove a manual 330i E46 late last year. I was extremely uncomfortable with the long travel E46 clutch pedal, so the test driving experience wasn't enjoyable. The E90 clutch is light years better. The clutch travel is much shorter and I immediately felt comfortable with the car. I was very surprised with the power of the engine, considering the 325i is the entry level BMW. I look forward to test drive a 330i to feel additional power.

I finally understand why people are raving about the BMW driving dynamic. Now I want one. :thumbup: I haven't decided between 325i and 330i since I didn't have a chance to test drive the 330i 6MT. Unless the 330i pull much harder, I may decide to save $5K and go with the 325i.

SoCal E90 owners, please let me know your purchase experience. Which dealer and sales rep. do you recommend? Were you able to get good discount on your E90? Is $1K over invoice possible in SoCal.

Thanks ...

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Welcome to the 'fest! I see you've been bitten by the Bmer bug. WARNING: Addiction is likely.

$1000 over might be hard to find right now since the cars are selling so well (alleged). Maybe if the combo of colors/options was unusual or hard to sell you might get lucky. Keep in mind that if you are looking at getting the car "loaded" (sport/prem/nav) the $ difference 325 vs 330 shrinks to about $3000. If you want to keep it light...I've seen several "no option" 325s on the lot for $31000 sticker. I think the MT would be fun in a 325 or 330....it's not going to be a "night and day" difference.

·
Not Wearing Pants
13,832 Posts
MARCUS330i said:
I think the MT would be fun in a 325 or 330....it's not going to be a "night and day" difference.
to me it's a night and day difference but I tend to live in the upper rev range so if you want maximum fun (and many features that aren't standard on the 325 like xenon), opt for the car with the more powerful engine and bigger brakes/wheels, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm debatin to get either 325 or 330 as well !!! Fortunately, I got a best buddy works at a Shelly BMW, he's gettin me some slacks here and there. I'm going more toward 325 tho!! W/ Nav, sport pakge and auto for 36 plus tx, lic, reg....

What do you think ??? Good deal ??

JAY

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same here, almost got the g35 coup but decided to go for the 330. It might not have the same power as the g35 but it is just an overall better car. I have so much fun driving it compared to the g35 from a friend of mine. To be honest, still don't like the rear, but hey the driving is the only thing that matters. Got mine from shelly bmw one week after official release date; ordered back in april, 900 off msrp.

·
This is the Cubs year)
4,012 Posts
do some leg work the deals are out there!

If you do ED you can get a great deal with $1000 over invoice np. You might have to go with a non local dealer to get it but you should get it by emailing the dealers internet fleet department. Give it try I would be shocked if you couldn't as I have had 6 that agreed and 1 that went $750 over invoice. The deals are out there if you are willing to put time in. Outside of knowing the salesperson, I would never just go into a dealership and negotiate. Your time can be used much more valuably if you email dealers and make an offer with whatever you are willing ot pay over invoice, then also mention you will accept counter offers. Let me know how it goes.

love ya don't tell ya enough!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the response guys. ED is definitely an option. If I can get $1000 over invoice locally, I may choose not to do ED. Touring Europe is nice, but a bit difficult to organize with my wife and 2 small childen. Also it will drive me nuts waiting 4 months for a new toy.

To get a quote, how do I find the e-mail address of the Internet Fleet department at the dealership? If I just e-mail the dealership, does it automatically goes to Fleet department?

·
This is the Cubs year)
4,012 Posts
I checked the individual sites of the dealers that you can find on bmwusa.com

Most sites have a quick quote section that would go to their internet department, or other sites also list their staff where you can send an email to their internet sales advisor. Good luck.

·
This is the Cubs year)
4,012 Posts
I'm a day or so away, i have everything in place.... email me if you want a couple names of dealers that will give you a price over invoice! [email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts