BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the 2nd row seat that has to be declined in order to access the 3rd row remain declined while the x5 is in motion or does the seat have to be returned to an upright position first?

And if there are young kids sitting in the 3rd row, would they be able to see the tv screens that are part of the entertainment system in the 2nd row or are they too small/low? I ask bc our vehicle right now has the screen mounted to the ceiling so this will be a change for us...

Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
There is no way for small children to see the entertainment screens from the third row. I ask the question why would you fold down the second row when you could put the passengers in that seat? There is a consensus on the board that the rear entertainment is a waste. Just give the kids an ipad and they will be happy. The best thing about the third row is that you can have full size car seats in the 2nd row and still get access to the third row.

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
Do the second row seats slide forward to allow extra legroom for the third row passengers with the third row option? Or is that an additional option?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Do the second row seats slide forward to allow extra legroom for the third row passengers with the third row option? Or is that an additional option?
Yes. When you tilt the second row forward to get access to the third row the seats automatically come down to a position that gives the passengers in the third row more legroom. You can slide the seat back if you choose to crunch the third row passengers. There is no extra cost for this feature.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yes. When you tilt the second row forward to get access to the third row the seats automatically come down to a position that gives the passengers in the third row more legroom. You can slide the seat back if you choose to crunch the third row passengers. There is no extra cost for this feature.
Thanks! So does that also mean that when I fold-down the third row seats, then put the second row seats down, I need to lift a lever to slide them rearward a few inches? My family is only going to use the third row situationally, so we would want our second row passengers to have as much leg room as possible when the third row is not in use.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Correct

·
Registered
125 Posts
Personally, I would question whether the 3rd row seat is safe for kids in a rear end collision. Open up that fold down tailgate and notice how lightweight it is. Now consider how high some of these 4x4 trucks are jacked up and how many have illegal aftermarket welded steel bumpers that don't crush in an accident like the factory bumpers are designed to do. Recently a friend's cousin was stopped at a light at the bottom of an off ramp. Some idiot in one of these trucks came flying down the off ramp, it squashed her minivan all the way to the front row seats breaking her hip, the truck just drove over the top of the minivans suspension and drive train. Just something to think about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts