BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've pretty much decided to go with the currently available 330 coupe; going with silver grey and black interior (maybe natural brown). Some questions and appreciate any help on them.

When looking at pictures on this site I notice that some cars have the black strip going across the side horizontally and some have color matched trim. Which models have the color matched trim? Is matched trim only with the 330?

The 2006 "old style" coupes I think will be coming out for pick-up in October; can anyone verify this? Anyone know of any differences planned for the 06? price, inclusion of more items as standard, color changes? Do you think that silver grey could be eliminated as a color option? That would make me buy now.

Do you think on resale value an 06 would sell for much more over an 05 similar in all respects (e.g., milage, condition, etc.)?

Anyone know of any existing or expected incentives on purchasing a new "old style" (the best style) coupe?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Coupes and cabrios all have body color side moldings; sedans and wagons had black.

Given that the E46 will soon end production, I don't think there will be many changes for model year 2006.

·
I do'nt make mistakes.
10,478 Posts
JoeK said:
The 2006 "old style" coupes I think will be coming out for pick-up in October; can anyone verify this? Anyone know of any differences planned for the 06? price, inclusion of more items as standard, color changes? Do you think that silver grey could be eliminated as a color option? That would make me buy now.

Do you think on resale value an 06 would sell for much more over an 05 similar in all respects (e.g., milage, condition, etc.)?
The '06 will be worth slightly more than the '05 if both were traded in at the same time, just because its a year newer, although the difference becomes less with age. Other than that, there will probably be no changes, as many items have already been made standard for '05. An '05 equipped identically to my '04 has an MSRP about $1k less than mine. I doubt silver gray will be eliminated before the end of the run. As for interior, if you plan to trade it after a couple years, go black as more people prefer it to natural brown (although I'd get natural brown if I had to do it over again.)

·
VIII
8,087 Posts
Go for it, you won't regret it! I have the Natural Brown interior and it's SOOOO nice, but I also have Black Saph exterior. If I was going with Silver Grey I think I might go with Black interior and get the aluminum trim which will match the exterior. But Nat Brown does go well with Silver Grey, it will be a HARD decision. :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts