BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am purchsing a 2006 530 xit (wagon) in a couple on months. i am not an aggressive driver. the standard tires are 17 inch all seasons. i live in portland, oregon where it does rain alot and snows very rarely. i do ski occasionally. the sport package option is 18 run flats.

i am currently getting the standard wheel and tire package. i am sold on avoiding run flats but am wondering if there is any other advanatge to larger tires/wheels other than looks?

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
wagonman said:
i am purchsing a 2006 530 xit (wagon) in a couple on months. i am not an aggressive driver. the standard tires are 17 inch all seasons. i live in portland, oregon where it does rain alot and snows very rarely. i do ski occasionally. the sport package option is 18 run flats.

i am currently getting the standard wheel and tire package. i am sold on avoiding run flats but am wondering if there is any other advanatge to larger tires/wheels other than looks?
All else equal, there's a performance advantage to wider tires, but a comfort tradeoff. Given your own assessment (not agressive driver) and your area, and the fact that BMW puts decent tires on as the baseline, I think you're okay staying with the standard set.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts