BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Questions?

725 Views 5 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  stewthebassman
A couple of questions re: the e-90 (330):

1. Do the daytime running lights involve the "angel rim" headlights? What lights up? Same for parking lights. What actually lights up?

2. I noticed when test driving that the turn signal remained on after release of the stalk. Anything peculiar about this function?

3. What's with the center console and the small cup-like holder? Is it designed for a soda can?

4. Any info on the Bluetooth phones that are compatible with the e90 system?

5. Thought there was a tool kit (not sure if need it), but sales guy or myself couldn't locate it in the trunk.

Thanks,
psyran
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
2) Apparently this was first implemented on the new 5 (maybe the 7 as well? not sure). There has been discussion regarding the behavior of these new turn signal stalks aplenty elsewhere so you might want to poke around for that. Since I have not used it yet personally, what I've read is too complex for me to re-tell to you accurately.

3) From what I saw, yeah it looks like its supposed to hold a soda can although I don't think I'll be using that cupholder much.

4) The BMW site contains information regarding compatible bluetooth phones.

5) Seems like the toolkit's location is different from what it used to be. But I don't recall exactly where the new one is vs the old one (i.e. on the E46).
It is under a cover on the right side in the trunk.
psychrunner said:
A couple of questions re: the e-90 (330):

5. Thought there was a tool kit (not sure if need it), but sales guy or myself couldn't locate it in the trunk.

Thanks,
psyran
hidden tool

tools are under a piece of felt in a small bin on the right side of he trunk. there was not much in it.
Hah my salesperson couldn't find it either. I let him search for a while before showing him ;)
Sometimes I wonder if Bimmerfesters come off as annoying know-it-alls to their salespeople. eg: Mr. Gunyon, I have the pricing for the new E90s. Yeah I know already. Can't find the toolkit...Yeah I know where it is...etc etc... Hopefully our enthusiasm for their product makes up for it!

FWIW I think a drink cooler in that little pocket is STOOOOOPID!
spikes111 said:
Hah my salesperson couldn't find it either. I let him search for a while before showing him ;)
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.