BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

quick battery question

830 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  jimpal
I'm going to have to go out of town for an emergency trip. My car will sit for 10 days at the airport. So how likely am I to have a dead battery when I return?

I could take my wife's car instead and leave mine on my battery tender, but her Lexus is no fun to drive!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
It will probably be ok. But to be sure, you could put your car on the battery tender for a couple of nights before you leave to make sure at least you start out with 80-90% when you leave it.
Gotta go today. I've got an hour drive at freeway speeds to get to the airport, so it should be fully charged...
Is the car gonna be out in the sun or in an enclosed garage?
Gotta go today. I've got an hour drive at freeway speeds to get to the airport, so it should be fully charged...
10 days? If my car had a flat battery after just 10 days I would be writing to BMW UK and be asking some very searching questions.
Mine sat in a cold Minnesota garage all of last February. Started right up on my return.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.