BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if there were and mods that are qucik cheap and easy. i just purcahsed a 335xi 2008 coupe.

·
Banned
1,307 Posts
i was wondering if there were and mods that are qucik cheap and easy. i just purcahsed a 335xi 2008 coupe.
Are you kidding me? If you want cheap and easy go back to your dealer and tell them you made a mistake-get your money back and go buy yourself a honda civic. BMWs are about status and sparking envy in the eyes of those that can only dream of being behind the wheel of a finely tuned german made automobile. I sincerely hope that I never again have to see this question on this board. cheap and easy are not words that go with BMW.

·
Registered
43 Posts
re:

Are you kidding me? If you want cheap and easy go back to your dealer and tell them you made a mistake-get your money back and go buy yourself a honda civic. BMWs are about status and sparking envy in the eyes of those that can only dream of being behind the wheel of a finely tuned german made automobile. I sincerely hope that I never again have to see this question on this board. cheap and easy are not words that go with BMW.
I am sure lots of cheap and easy things get in and out of your bimmer all the time :rofl: :rofl:

give the guy a break he just dug himself in a 50k hole
With that said you can look into the jb products. Be careful with the fine print of your warranty when considering any mods.

·
BigTime Defender
337 Posts
Although Rugged is correct, you can get some of the "piggyback" mods to increase power a bit for under $300. Do a search for piggyback and it should get you started.

You can also save up some money and check out dinan mods.

Most mods worth anything for the 335 will not be cheap.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you think a 3-series BMW is a status symbol you must not get out much.

Guys? like you are why people think BMW owners are pricks.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I have some suggestions.

1) Replace the ugly amber reflectors with either painted or clear ones ($75)

2) Rear M3 spoiler (Painted $225)

3) Change shift knob( about $100 depending on style)

4) SS-TT piggyback chip ($599).

Eventually you will want to replace the tires and wheels as well.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts

·
7,959 Posts

It's not that he doesn't get out much, he just has really low standards (if you know what I mean). :p

·
Sandlapper Chapter
2,912 Posts
Rear fog switch?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts

·
Bimmerless
BMW G05 45e/Porsche Macan GTS/Ram 1500 Diesel
1,104 Posts
It depends what you mean by "mods"

Juice Box Stage 1: ~$100
Replace the orange reflectors by the front wheels with color-matched versions: ~$50
Tint (cost varies)
Clear bra (cost varies)
Swap out the lighter/ashtray for a sunglass holder: $30
Pair of fuzzy dice for rear-view mirror: $5.95

Anything with wheels or more significant engine or bodywork is probably not going to be quick and easy, and most definitely not cheap.

·
BMW Fahrer
4,674 Posts
2 cheap mods you will LOVE:
1. JB S1 on sale now for $99
2. ZHP shift knob for about $58, if you have a stick

·
Registered
28 Posts
You give BMW a bad name. Snobs like you who probably roll around in money and think anyone who can't afford what you can shoudn't be eligible to buy a bimmer. What goes around comes around bro...

·
Banned
1,307 Posts
You give BMW a bad name. Snobs like you who probably roll around in money and think anyone who can't afford what you can shoudn't be eligible to buy a bimmer. What goes around comes around bro...
Snobs like me are the reason why people like you want to own a BMW. lets face it, there are cars out there that can outperform or give you equal performance for much less money. You buy the BMW for status. Accept it or not, it is what it is. BWMs are not meant for cheap mods, scions and civics are made especially for that.

·
Banned
1,307 Posts

a $50,000 car is a status symbol. especially when the average person in the U.S. makes almost half that in a year. and especially when the best selling car in America is a $15k Toyota Camary Again, these cars were not built for crappy autozone style mods.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts

·
N54
3,427 Posts
///M badges are quick, cheap and easy mods, and I've been told they add untold amounts of horsepower

:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Snobs like me are the reason why people like you want to own a BMW.
Wow. So much wrong there I don't even know where to begin. You must get punched in the head a lot.

OP - Best FREE mod for a coupe is unplugging the exhaust flap connector. Clear or painted fender reflectors are also nice for $60-$75.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts