BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking the X in on Monday for a new FSR. [ I'm joining the club of the many other FSR replac-ees :p ]

Just saw the instructions on X5 World. In the picture of the old and new resistor packs, the new one looks different. Can you tell me, is there actually a different / newer / re-designed not to fail.. FSR that BMW makes, that I should be asking specifically for? Perhaps even a different part #?

Just want to make sure I don't get an "old design" model from their parts shelf... kind of thing.

Thanks guys.

·
Member of the ® club
1,280 Posts
As indicated in my article on X5world, the original Part Number was 64 11 8 383 835, and at the time that I replaced mine the new Part Number was 64 11 6 923 204. There was some differences in the appearance, but the fit and functionality were the same.

·
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UCrewX5 said:
As indicated in my article .
Oops. Sorry. I thought I'd read the whole thing.

Thanks for specifying that info!

·
Registered
2015 X5 xDrive35i MSport 2013 X5 xDrive35i
1,210 Posts
Has anybody heard if the replacment final stage resistor pack are as prone to failure?

·
Member of the ® club
1,280 Posts
Zulu95 said:
Has anybody heard if the replacment final stage resistor pack are as prone to failure?
Haven't yet heard of a replacement FSR that has failed.

·
Registered
2015 X5 xDrive35i MSport 2013 X5 xDrive35i
1,210 Posts
TY UCrewX5. Good to know. Love to take one of the old resistors apart to see what makes the tick!

·
Member of the ® club
1,280 Posts
Zulu95 said:
TY UCrewX5. Good to know. Love to take one of the old resistors apart to see what makes the tick!
I'd send you my old one, but I think I pitched it

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just replaced Mine

Thanks UCrewX5 for the instructions. It took me a little longer than I thought (approx 2 hrs) but everything worked out great.

·
Member of the ® club
1,280 Posts
bostonbmw said:
Thanks UCrewX5 for the instructions. It took me a little longer than I thought (approx 2 hrs) but everything worked out great.
Great :thumbup: I bet next time you could do it in 45 minutes or less :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts