BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed jb4 2 days ago and my exhaust got noticeably quieter during downshifts and at low rpms aswell has anyone else experienced this?

·
BMW 4 LIFE
1,518 Posts
I can't say that I have heard this one before. Stock exhaust I suppose...go to map guide...speedo 4, tach 5. If tach is on 4, then flaps are closed...tach 5...open. HOWEVER, I doubt this is it. JB4, to my knowledge, shouldn't affect the exhaust note.

Now if you want to hear your exhaust more...well...you know what to do. Aftermarket everything. DP, full mods, etc. E85...the list goes on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't say that I have heard this one before. Stock exhaust I suppose...go to map guide...speedo 4, tach 5. If tach is on 4, then flaps are closed...tach 5...open. HOWEVER, I doubt this is it. JB4, to my knowledge, shouldn't affect the exhaust note.

Now if you want to hear your exhaust more...well...you know what to do. Aftermarket everything. DP, full mods, etc. E85...the list goes on.
i will try this in a little bit as its only 7am here in new york... As far as after market im full bolts on besides a fmic...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BMW pe is a gift from God. Literally never heard anything sound better. The 1200 it costs. Is completely worth it!
im currently running a vanguard exhaust with ar catted pipes injen intake and a active autowerkes bov and charge pipe. im not too concerned about the noise as id rather performance just because your car is loud doesnt mean its fast but im just wondering what could possibly have made it so much quieter after the chip?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Random but.. if u install a jb4 is it constantly overworking your engine? Or do you choose when you want that power by sellecting a map?

Guess what im tryna ask is the extra power there 24/7 or only when you want it with?

·
Registered
359 Posts
It's all controlled by the maps you choose via the steering wheel. If you want it in stock mode, switch it to map 0 and you'll have stock performance. But if you want that added power switch it to map 5 and let the auto tune feature kick in and take control of the car making it run smoother and put out quite a substantial amount of power.

·
Registered
503 Posts
It's all controlled by the maps you choose via the steering wheel. If you want it in stock mode, switch it to map 0 and you'll have stock performance. But if you want that added power switch it to map 5 and let the auto tune feature kick in and take control of the car making it run smoother and put out quite a substantial amount of power.
You keeping it in stock doesnt strain the engine in anyway?

·
Registered
359 Posts
People who run the jb4 just keep it in map 5 usually. Just to let the car autotune itself. The tune doesn't affect the car unless you drive it hard. The n54 can take a pounding from horsepower. The engine can easily take 500 horses and still maintain its reliability

·
Registered
503 Posts
People who run the jb4 just keep it in map 5 usually. Just to let the car autotune itself. The tune doesn't affect the car unless you drive it hard. The n54 can take a pounding from horsepower. The engine can easily take 500 horses and still maintain its reliability
I think im going to finally pull the trigger tomorrow then.

·
Evil cider brewer
22,845 Posts
I noticed a lot more noise at WOT after installing JB4.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts