Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bunch of times when im typing something, mainly here, Ill hit backspace to delete a letter and my browser jumps back a page. Is there some way to turn this off?

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
I've noticed that too. Seems only to happen when I've got the windows logo key down and hit the backspace key. It is indeed annoying, and I don't think there is any way to turn it off.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
that only happens to me when i'm not in a text box. if i'm on a "static" webpage (one without text entry) or on a page where i havent selected the text entry (see a cursor) hitting backspace makes me go back a page.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It happens when i just tap backspace, im not holding anything else down. Maybe I accidently hit some other button that makes the backspace go back a page :dunno: :dunno:

Maybe i need a new keyboard (better yet a new computer). I guess ive overworn this keyboard cause i have to press extra hard on the "E" and "I" key lol

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
You're right, it does work by itself and without another key being pressed, but not when a text box has the focus. I wonder if you're inadvertantly hitting tab, which will shift the input focus to the next widget in the tab order, then hitting backspace. :dunno:

In any case, I feel your pain...

·
3,762 Posts
Same thing happens on my Mac/OS-X machine, as well as my windows machines. It's rather convenient, IMO.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Both backspace and Alt-<left cursor> are shortcuts for going Back a page in IE. Its been there since the earliest versions. I use it all the time. Very convenient.

·
Traffic Surgeon
2,317 Posts
SchwartzBlack said:
Both backspace and Alt-<left cursor> are shortcuts for going Back a page in IE. Its been there since the earliest versions. I use it all the time. Very convenient.
Yup. I hardly ever use my mouse. Keyboard shorts are the way too go... :thumbup:

·
5,820 Posts
SchwartzBlack said:
You learn something new everyday:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts