BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ferris
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was leaving school yesterday morning in Santa Monica, and my light had just turned green, asshole ran a red then hit me on my side, which cause me to spin out and hit a car that was waiting to make a left.

Life sucks. I was obsessed with that car.

He admitted to the police and everything that it was all his fault and he ran the red, but I doubt I'll get enough money to cover how much was put into that car, especially with repairs. So we'll see :/

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Sorry, dude. So sad to see this... :(
Hopefully you should be able to buy back your car for super cheap and use any of the good parts in another E36, if you want to do that.
+1 make sure to ask the claims adjuster for the the buyback price, if it's stupid low then buy it back and move the parts over, then sell it. Its what I did when my E34 got rear ended. Insurance gave me $5700 less a buyback of $299. I took the buyback and pulled out some of my mods and sold it for $1800 as is. Worked out great sine I paid $2000 for it and it had 230k :rofl:.

Another tip, get all your ish together in a file for the adjuster. They'll pay you for recent repairs (not upgrades), so get your receipts in order. Also, I spent the day before the adjuster came out detailing and waxing my car so it would look like the best condition when they looked at it.

Sent from my Droid using BimmerApp

·
Ferris
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bummer :( Look at the bright side, now you can get a manual!!!
ahaha yeah true that

+1 make sure to ask the claims adjuster for the the buyback price, if it's stupid low then buy it back and move the parts over, then sell it. Its what I did when my E34 got rear ended. Insurance gave me $5700 less a buyback of $299. I took the buyback and pulled out some of my mods and sold it for $1800 as is. Worked out great sine I paid $2000 for it and it had 230k :rofl:.

Another tip, get all your ish together in a file for the adjuster. They'll pay you for recent repairs (not upgrades), so get your receipts in order. Also, I spent the day before the adjuster came out detailing and waxing my car so it would look like the best condition when they looked at it.
Yeah I've been trying to find all the receipts :/ and thats a good idea ahaha

Thank you everyone

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.