BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
lurking
18,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just when i was taking my gf to our 1st anniversary dinner while looking for a parking space i noticed the thermostat was in the red (not sure how long it had been in the red either) so i quickly started looking for a place to just stop and let car cool off. then as i was turning into a parking lot, bang! and a big puff of white smoke came out from the engine bay. i stopped the engine, got out and saw a trail of coolant running from my car! :cry::yikes: had the car towed to the nearest bmw dealership to leave for monday. add to that, i have to get my butt back to the seattle area to work monday. i am sooo screwed. few weeks ago, same thing but w/ the cam-position sensor which left me borrowing my gf's car to get back to seattle and now this! grrr!!!! :mad: anyone know what else could go wrong and make me pay through the nose? :cry::( another stroke of badluck, my gf's sister who picked us up dropped us off and as i got out of the car, i saw that someone had keyed her car on the passenger side from rear quarter panel to front passenger door! :tsk:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Holy ****, is your car still under warranty?

These assholes keying cars are disgusting. I was in Atlanta having dinner a few weeks back (live in CA) and noticed a beautiful 745 parked next to me. Strolled over to admire the car and noticed an absolutely hideous jagged key job down the entire driver's side of the vehicle!

Good luck

·
lurking
18,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UFB! after having my car repaired, the thermostat went into the red again! :cry::mad: but this time on my way back to seattle from vancouver. had to get the car towed back to the dealership now left taking bus for the week. WTF is going on with my car???!!! :cry:

·
I hate door dings
1,322 Posts
the last time something like this happened to me was in my dad's old Buick. The radiator leaked. When the engine temp reached red, the best thing to do is to turn on the interior heat to max. This help dissipating some heat from the engine to the cabin.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.