BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I have not been a member of this forum very long but everyone here has been a great help. I have a BMW Z3 2000 2.3. I would really like to do a radiator flush myself but I not sure where everything is located. Can anyone help with some pictures or clear guides of where to find the drain plug and bleeder?

Also, I would like to change my spark plugs on my Z3 but not really sure where to start?

Any help always appreciated from my fellow BMW Brothers!

Z

·
Another day in Paradise
714 Posts
Maybe this will help you... Seems fairly comprehensive with the writeup jpeg.

Best of luck. After refill, I always run the car normally for 5 minutes with the heater on, then a few times around the 'hood, watching temp gauge VERY closely. Then cool and recheck a few times afterwards...

http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2557&p=37830

·
Registered
27 Posts
coolant change

Z3crazyman,

Another great source of info is Pelican autoparts tech forum for bmw. The link listed above may not represent your coolant system. My 2000 z3 2.3 has the expansion tank near the master cylinder reservoir - some items to consider:

(1) Be very careful removing the overflow hose to the expansion tank - the radiator neck is plastic with a metal insert. Uncap the expansion after placing large pan under drain plug - once you uncap the expansion tank the coolant will come out with attitude!

(2) Spark plug removal is a snap and is also covered in the Pelican site. Might be a good opportunity to check for oil in spark plug housings which would indicate the need for valve cover gasket replacement - you guessed it - also covered at Pelican.

My rule of thumb: On the Z3,one small task turns into many more larger tasks!

Good luck!
Mike

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So checking the different forum's can anyone give me a more precise answer as to where the engine drain plug is located? Some say it's on the left side and some say that it is on the right side?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts