BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cry:In my 2002 BMW E39 520i m my large door speaker kept crackling even when i switched the ignition off for a short time and would sometimes cut out altogether when the radio was on. However the other day when i was driving i saw that the clock and radio were not displayed so i switched the radio on, Nothing happened and no clock. I played around with the switches, still nothing. It was raining outside at the time. A short while later the radio burst into life and the clock displyed with the current time all by itself. About hour later , stopped to go to the shop with my wife, when i got back into the car, No radio or clock, when i got home i abandoned the car outside the house, about 30 minutes later went back out to the car, switched on ignition, no radio or clock, opened pax door and closed it, a short while later the clock appeared followed by the radio. I suspect a loose wire in the door cable however the radio came on whilst driving which has now confused me and the obvious issue of a fuse blown seems to be out of the question, help needed please for direction

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.